Track ir

From what I have seen the installation is quite straight forward, I have one but have not used it for years.

I would be happy to send it to you with the hat clip if you wanted to try it?

The installation is very easy, and there are plenty of profiles to download and try out till you get one you're happy with. I couldn't fly without it now and it works perfectly in a lot of other sims too like Arma 2 & 3, Falcon BMS, DCS A10 and Elite: Dangerous to name but a few.! :)

Track IR is super easy to setup.  The out of the box profiles work OK, there are plenty of profiles out there on the intarwebs, and tweaking your own is pretty straight forward.

There is no way I could ever go back to hat switch/keyboard views.

From what I have seen the installation is quite straight forward, I have one but have not used it for years.

I would be happy to send it to you with the hat clip if you wanted to try it?

thank  u Joe for your kind offer will PM you

When I first started using mine I could only use it for a few minutes at a time before experiencing the onset of some mild nausea. That soon passed and I can use it for hours on end with no problems. After a yoke and pedals, it's the most significant and best hardware add-on ever and I can't imagine FS flying without it.

John

When I first started using mine I could only use it for a few minutes at a time before experiencing the onset of some mild nausea. That soon passed and I can use it for hours on end with no problems. After a yoke and pedals, it's the most significant and best hardware add-on ever and I can't imagine FS flying without it.

John

thanks John

John

I had the exact same experience as John when I started using TrackIR, and I have the exact same thoughts on it after using it for just over a year.

It's one of the best hardware investments I've done for FSX, and I don't regret it at all.

I ordered it from Flightstore after receiving an email from them 3 hours earlier  that it was now back in stock. On checkout they gave me a  delivery time of 3-5 days, but yesterday I received an email from them apologising as it was no longer in stock and would not be until next week.................so I cancelled

I am still waiting for for a folder for my VFR Flight Guide ordered before Christmas by wifey as a present, they neglected to send it. I wonder about them some times. 

dont say that, I ordered the ES iom from them a few days ago,

I got mine from PC Aviator Patrick. It's a US shop, so you have to pay the shipping but it still works out cheaper than buying one from over here. Here's the link: http://www.pcaviator.com/store/product.php?productid=17516&cat=0&page=0&featured=Y

I may have to that route Adrian. I eventually reordered from Flightstore only to receive an email from them this morning informing me that their was a further delay in stock arriving. Can you tell me how long it took to arrive and was that by  courier or US Postal service ?

I got mine from PC Aviator Patrick. It's a US shop, so you have to pay the shipping but it still works out cheaper than buying one from over here. Here's the link: http://www.pcaviator.com/store/product.php?productid=17516&cat=0&page=0&featured=Y

I may have to that route Adrian. I eventually reordered from Flightstore only to receive an email from them this morning informing me that their was a further delay in stock arriving. Can you tell me how long it took to arrive and was that by  courier or US Postal service ?

Hi Patrick,

It took about 10-14 days for delivery by USPS. Not bad at all and no fuss. Also, like John says, order on a Tuesday to get your 10% discount. :D

Adrian

Can't help you with EZDOCK, but as you are a new TrackIR user...a couple of things I found that helped:

I see from your photo that you wear specs. If, like mine, they are varifocals, I recommend getting a pair of cheapo single-vision ones ( they sell them in Tesco's on a rotating stand - that sort of thing ). The reason is that you move your head but still look at the screen, and so you can end up looking through the wrong part of the varifocal lens. It took me ages to realize that, and was shot down numerous times in multiplayer IL2 because I couldn't see what was coming up behind me.

Secondly, try not to move your head around too much. I know that sounds counter-intuitive with head-tracking hardware, but I have found that its best to move your head once in the general direction you want to look in, and then move your eyes around. Constant movement of the head soon causes disorientation and difficulty refocusing on the monitor screen.

:)

• Like 1