New alternative forum theme available.

Dear all,

I have created a new, cleaner alternative theme to the busy default forum theme, this is what it is like in green, you can flip it to blue or red with a single mouse click.

theme.jpg~original

To change your theme, go to the bottom left of the page and there is an option "Change theme" just select "MH Clean" to opt for the new format.

choice.png~original

Please note, sometimes essential forum maintenance *can* reset your settings back to default, as you can see changing it back is easy.

Any feedback is welcome (On topic only) what is your favourite colour?

Cheers,

Joe

• Like 2

I always prefer blue, it's calming on the eyes. :cool:

I am not a big fan of change but have been trying out the new theme and have gotten used to it rather easily. Being more compact my cursor does not have to travel as far and I like the overall look. I can see how it would improve viewing on smaller screens which is a plus but on my 16" screen the font is a bit small. I do miss having the 'Find New Content' button on the upper right. All in all I like the new theme. :thum: 

Thanks for always striving to improve the site Joe. :)

I've tried the new 'clean' look - and thanks for setting it up, Joe - and it's good to go (Hi, Andy!) on my 22" PC monitor, but rather cramped on my li'l' ol' iPad. So, I'll use one for the first and the second for the other - excellent!

As to colo(u)r, well, Pam's eyes are...

Cheers - Dai. :old-git:

Hi Joe  I am always up for change, so I gave your new setup ago.I like the new look but found the text too small on my laptop it must be down to my old eyes or old glasses. When I took alook at the screenshot comp. page I found I had to move the bottom slider to the right to view the whole of the shot, which I didn't have to do on most of the shots in the old forum.

So I will be still using the old one for now very sorry Joe and thanks for all you do for us much appreciated. :thumbup:

Cheers Mike

I do miss having the 'Find New Content' button on the upper right. 

I put one here - it's always in view if the browser is open.

MH%20Button.jpg

Great Idea, thanks John. :thum::)

The new theme is very good indeed.  I have gone with the blue and find it much easier to get to where I want quickly.

One question though, is it possible to adjust the font size? On a small screen it is a bit on the small size, I would find it easier it I was able to adjust the font size to match the device i was using..

Hi JG the font size is fixed but you can use Ctrl and mouse wheel to make the text larger.

EDIT: Having said that I will look into the css and see if I can make it larger.

I managed to make it larger using the mouse wheel so that's good.  I don't know what the tablet equivalent is.

Don't you just do the opposite of a pinch on the screen. (Not sure what you call that!)

Hi Joe  I am always up for change, so I gave your new setup ago.I like the new look but found the text too small on my laptop it must be down to my old eyes or old glasses. When I took alook at the screenshot comp. page I found I had to move the bottom slider to the right to view the whole of the shot, which I didn't have to do on most of the shots in the old forum.

So I will be still using the old one for now very sorry Joe and thanks for all you do for us much appreciated. :thumbup:

Cheers Mike

Hi Mike that scrolling annoys the hell out of me too, I am looking through the code to see what is causing so do keep trying!

The new theme is only an addition feature as most of the crew know, I love to tinker!

Joe

• 2 weeks later...

The automatic image resizing now works so you should no longer need to scroll unless your browser window is narrower than the image.

If you click on the image it is displayed at the original size.