• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi all, I am fairly new to flight simmimg, (about a year) and am enjoying it, I fly mostly A2A C172, but have very recently purchased Majestic's Dash 8. This looks a really helpful group and am e

Nice try Brett....  With google translation, you just asked him to go home ! 

Perhaps we should leave the French translations to you Loic!

Hi Geoff,

It's nice to have you on board.

As you have been active in the Hangar already, you have obviously found, that it is a very friendly place to be.

Any questions you may have will be welcomed and answered hopefully and any advice you need is also willing given.

So enjoy your stay here and we look forward to your input.

Cheers for now,

Brian aka Needles :thum:

Consider yourself pardoned, glad to have you here. As long as you follow the forum rules you may try to be as funny as you would like. :P I try to be funny too but my face is getting flatter from all the times I have fallen on it. :stars:

Have you tried the FSX Bristol Britannia By Jens B. Kristensen?

Thanks one and all for the warm welcome. Just a glance at this forum and I knew I would be at home.

I have to admit that I'm not computer savvy so please excuse any daft questions I might raise.

For example, I cannot work out zip files and hence I don't have Jens B. Kristensens' Britannia. I have his DC-4 and SAAB-90 but they were auto installs from PC Pilot. Also I'm ashamed to admit that after many attempts at JF I can't even post a screenshot :th_blush:

C'mon folks! Who else would like a Britannia, the epitome of turboprop airliners, the elegance of its'...           (Cont page 94)  

Posting images in the forum tutorial here

Still looking to see if we have a tutorial on installing aircraft on the site. The basics are really not that hard but there are a few things that you need to know that might cause a problem here and there. If nothing shows up I will give you a step by step using the Britannia.

Geoff,

The first thing to do with a zip file is to extract it. Just click on the file, then right click and 'Extract files' to a location. I have a dedicated downloads folder, but you can put it anywhere really. I've just downloaded the zip to have a look what is inside and it's an executable file, like you're used to.

Other files (like the TDS 787) may require you copying files across from the extracted zip to the FS folder (Simobjects\Aircraft, Effects, Gauges etc) but the 'Brit' doesn't. Cross that bridge as and when required!

Kieran

Something to remember - unzipping a zip file pukes out the files that are compressed within it but the zip file itself is unaffected.  If you unzip and then delete all the files created, you can unzip again, creating them any time you wish from the original zip file.  They're pretty sailor proof

John

• 4 months later...

Hi Ben and welcome. I'm a relative newcomer here myself and received a warm welcome and good advice from all here in what must be the friendliest FS forum.

So pull up a bush pilot and sit down, make yourself comfortable.

Just a big Hi. I was active on ORBX forum until lately. I guess a company forum is not a good place to discuss other company stuff.

Hi Ben, welcome to Mutley's Hangar.  You will enjoy your stay here as we are a madcap bunch who love all things FS.  We even got Canadian downloads in the Library just awaiting you.    :welcomeani:

Wow Ben, that's a nice video! Where you live is so different from where I live!  All those huge fields, straight roads (compared to here) look at the contrast here:-

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/preview/@51.234089,-0.572185,4598m/data=!3m1!1e3

Yep, big country with only 33 millions people.

If ORBX fairly represent England it is very different viewed from the air.

I now live in a very busy agricultural area (use to be IN Montreal) and often (for fun) work on my good friend and neighbor farm.

It must be harder to cultivate in England with all those crazy shaped field

Here is another one

Sort of like putting down a tile floor in a supermarket, every time you look up there is still a long way to go. :D  Good thing you have a radio to listen too or you would be singing old farmer songs like the days of old. ;)

It must be harder to cultivate in England with all those crazy shaped field

It is.  My family no longer farms.  The last generation to do so was about 30 years ago.  Fields here are crazy shapes, and what you don't see from Google maps is they ain't flat either.

I had a great uncle killed when driving an old cab less tractor along a sloping field.  The tractor rolled and pinned him to the ground. As you know, farming is a lonely business, and he was only found several hours later when he failed to come in at sunset. By that time he had bled to death. :(

• 2 years later...

Hi all, I am fairly new to flight simmimg, (about a year) and am enjoying it, I fly mostly A2A C172, but have very recently purchased Majestic's Dash 8.

This looks a really helpful group and am enjoying the time reading the forums. My knowledge is pretty limited and so my contributions might be everything except helpful :)

I have just found the awesome airport charts so will start downloading the zip files tomorrow.

Anyway, hi all :)

• Like 3

Hi Lucy and welcome to the forums here at Mutley's Hangar.:hat: Happy to see you are taking advantage of the site, the Airport Charts from John Allard make for a handy reference to FSX airports, I have them all and a shortcut to the folder on my desktop.:)

• Like 1

Welcome aboard, Lucy.  I hope you find this a helpful and friendly place.  Thanks for the kind words about the airport charts.  Let me know if there are any specific airports you'd like them for if you can't find them already there.

John

Hi, Lucy!

And a very warm welcome to the Hangar!   ^_^

Great to hear that you're already branching out, moving from a C172 to a Dash 8. Simming is great for exploring the aspects of aviation that interest you the most, and here at Mutley's we cover pretty much every aspect of the obsession oops sorry hobby. So please don't hesitate to ask lots of questions if you need to; and we'll always be interested to see your screen shots, and of course to hear your views on everything that goes on here.

Have fun!   :D

Cheers,

bruce

a.k.a. brian747

P.S. If you're just starting out hauling pax around the skies, then may I gently suggest taking a look at the Commercial Airliners section — in a sticky near the top you'll find a link to some 'downloads and documents' that you might possibly find helpful.   ;)   Also (as you may already know) on pp 52-55 of the May-June edition of PC Pilot there's an article by Jane Whittaker about entering a flight plan into a Dash 8 Q-400's FMS.

B.

Hey Brett, John and Brian

Excellent work on the charts, John, they are Manna from Heaven.

I especially like GA planes and turboprop civil craft. I think it stems from childhood in Gisborne NZ, I used to spend days at the airport watching NAC registered F27 Friendships coming and going. I even got invited onto the flightdeck one time for a look around. So obviously I have the Just Flight version in my sim hanger, I guess the sound of an F27 spooling up hits me in the same pleasure centre that smoke and grime does to a train enthusiast :thum:

I think my mind considers the Dash 8 a 21st Century version which is what draws me to it. If I ever go Vatsim and join a VA, it'd have to be a Dash for me.