P3D V3 - My first shots

Hi Gang,

I thought I would share some shots whilst setting up my PC for the show on Saturday.

These shots show Prepar3D V3 with FTX Global and FTX OpenLC, also some payware aircraft for may recognise.

I have the sim running at full pelt and it hasn't complained yet! You can see the machine running on a much bigger screen at Cosford. 

Just pretty random, please note I changed the sim to the Captain Sim L1011 half way through the flight as I couldn't get it started, that's probably my ignorance unless it really isn't compatible. All the rest were ok. 

2015-10-1_12-35-23-550.jpg~original

2015-10-1_13-9-30-840.jpg~original

2015-10-1_14-14-25-729.jpg~original

2015-10-1_14-14-7-42.jpg~original

2015-10-1_14-23-39-58.jpg~original

2015-10-1_14-25-9-508.jpg~original

2015-10-1_14-27-29-115.jpg~original

2015-10-1_14-28-59-94.jpg~original

2015-10-1_14-30-37-28.jpg~original

2015-10-1_14-30-57-249.jpg~original

2015-10-1_14-33-10-16.jpg~original

2015-10-1_14-37-42-99.jpg~original

2015-10-1_14-45-32-863.jpg~original

2015-10-1_14-45-5-426.jpg~original

:hat:

• Like 3

Looking pretty damn pretty, Joe, congratulations!     :D

Mind you, the Mutley avatar seems a little...  *<cough>* .... work in progress(?). Maybe they haven't caught your best side, yet?    :P

But tell us more: like for instance, frame rates, VAS usage  — unless, of course you're too busy having fun.  (I hope!).   ^_^

Cheers,

bruce

a.k.a. brian747

Looking good there Joe, how was the install of FTX very straight forward? Have you tried a weather engine and textures yet?

I thinik I may get v3 and install alongside v2.5 until I am sure that the other stuff works good.

My main worry is my slooooow internet, will take an absolute age to download.....

Wayne

Great shots there Boss, I'm tempted but since I might need a new PC soon (hush, don't tell Ylva) I'm going to save my money for now ;)

unless, of course you're too busy having fun. 

My guess, he's busy packing for tomorrows trip to Cosford  ;)

@ Bruce,

It's been a rush trying to get the machine ready for the show so I haven't be monitoring the VAS, however, Jess commented to me earlier that she had autogen maxed out around Saarbrucken and she was currently showing just under 2gb of Vas left and around 30 Fps with low cloud and mist in the air. That's with openLC running and the default A36 bonanza. 

@Wayne

At the moment I am using a beta of FTX Central that has allowed me to install FTX Global and openLC, it's not as easy as just porting the stuff over. I haven't tried any other scenery as the machine I am using will be cleansed before sending it back to the supplier (It's a machine for review) I have 2.5. and 3 running on the review machine with no bother. 

@Prince Ludwig

Machine is now packed all ready to load the car up in the morning, see you tomorrow!

• Like 1

Ok thanks Joe...currently downloading and will just run it in vanilla form adding as and when my addons work.... will keep 2.5 until all works so I can still use my addon....plus if not happy people can always cancel or get refund..

Hey guys. Just a quick word on VAS. It's frankly amazing what LM have done with the Memory usage in v3. As Joe described above, I. Seeing over 2gb left at Saarbrucken. However, to really test things out, I loaded up my A320 model at Aerosoft's Heathrow. With my auto gen maxed out (both veg and buildings) I saw my VAS sitting at 1800mb left and frame rates around the mid to high 30's. That's with openlc EU installed. Now that is amazing.

• Like 1

Looks great and I'm sure that Chillblast machine is a big help in that department, I'm sure it will be tough to give it back. :D 

I gather that fellow is the new avatar? Not sure what that yahoo dance step was but he looks like an aviator, he's got deep pockets. :P Be nice to know what you think of him and how he works.

Brett, I'm sure the avatar was based on John Cleese! He walks around, crouches and jumps just like our hero.  There's  not a lot of use for him other than that (AFAIK).

It would be great to have different avatars, say, a Welsh goth, man in a kilt or onesie etc..! 

Brett, I'm sure the avatar was based on John Cleese! He walks around, crouches and jumps just like our hero.  There's  not a lot of use for him other than that (AFAIK).

It would be great to have different avatars, say, a Welsh goth, man in a kilt or onesie etc..! 

So...he is from the Ministry of Funny Walk Arounds? :P:D:whis::th_blush::rofl:

Badum tish.

Purchased v3 last night, and installed it (plus the SDK) this morning. I now have all of my graphics and other settings sorted out, joystick controls configured, and all of my UK and Ireland photoscenery enabled in the Scenery Menu. I haven't done any flying yet, but everything appears to be working fine so far. I was going to wait and see some reports from other flightsimmers, but a couple of OOMs last night in v2.4 whilst flying around London basically made the decision for me! I am really looking forward to finding out just how impressive the new VAS management system really is...

Downloaded through the night, installed fine, FSUIPC said it may not work but seems ok, I have Radio/AP & Switch panel by Saitek, they are working fine.

ASN has an update, I have applied it, there is connection and weather however I am getting the Ambient weather warning again and that always gets me stumped.

I do prefer the ATC manu which is now quite see through and sort of gray in colour.

I have read that REX installs ok, the same with soft clouds but not tried that yet, nor any addon AC. If REX is good then thats great as that has a weather engine but I suppose I really should learn to sort ASN.

Hope its ok to post a couple of shots....

Wayne

v3test2.jpgv3test1.jpg

fyi, i believe it is possible to alter transparency of all windows in FSX.

in fsx.cfg:

[PANELS]
IMAGE_QUALITY=1
DEFAULT_VIEW=0
QUICKTIPS=1
PANEL_OPACITY=100
PANEL_MASKING=1
PANEL_STRETCHING=1
UNITS_OF_MEASURE=0

I haven't done it as I undock and put popup windows on the second monitor.

Cheers.

Hi Wayne,

Thanks for the feedback, I could not get the Saitek radio and the switch panel to work for the show.

Are you using SPAD drivers or the Saitek ones?

And of course, it's fine to post shots in the topic  ;)

Joe, yes I am using SPAD for the Saitek panels, I have all my Saitek gear working but have yet to try my yoke, limited space as my desk is also used as my office when not flying, or maybe that should be the other way around.....

I have Traffic 360 working and have added a Carenado product, they all work fine but I get an error log on exit.

ASN loads but I cant work out what to do with the Ambient Weather error, have to get new virus software soon so may wait until then.

Once all has closed down I get a fatal error warning but on AVSIM they think its linked to FSUIPC and I agree as on close down with no FSUIPC I get no warning......

Wayne

Hi Wayne!

You're probably already aware of this, but just in case — FSUIPC v4.946 was released on Sunday ("Full release of FSUIPC 4 (incorporating WideFS 7) for use with FSX, FSX-SE and Prepar3D").

In the change document it says "This version is suitable for Prepar3D versions 2.3 - 3.0"

You didn't mention which version you were using, so I just thought I'd mention it.     :)

Cheers,

bruce

a.k.a. brian747