EDIT:  The upgrade is still on the cards folks, the forums could be off line from early as tonight 14th April 2016. :hat:

Deal All,

have to upgrade our forums to the latest version in order to continue receiving support and updates from the developers. Support for this version runs out in a few months time so if we suffered a catastrophic problem then it would be bye bye MH Forums  :cray:

This is a huge task and not without risks so I have set aside a long weekend to carry out the upgrade. Therefore, the forum will probably be off line from the 30th of April until the 3rd of May 2016.

EDIT:  Due to testing going so well so far, the upgrade has been brought forward to next Friday, 15th April, 2016 for 3 days, no time like the present!

I have tried to keep the front end of the new forum as familiar as it is now, but there will be some functionality changes you will have to get used to. To help you to get used to the changes there will be a sandpit forum where you can try things out for a month or so after the new version goes live, thereafter, that forum will be archived.

You may also find that not everything is available as it was on day one of the new forums, and I will have to work through the problems as soon as I can. (the day job comes first!)

When the forums go off line I will place an information page up so you know what is happening.

Cheers,

Joe  :hat:

• Like 3

Joe that sounds like a mammoth task,  leading to alot of hard work for you. If anyone can do it  you're the man for the job. :salute:  Thanks Joe hope it all goes well.

Thanks Mike,

Testing is going really well but you never know what will happen with converting live data (will it be alright on the night?!).  :D

We're all backed up so worst case scenario is that we would have to continue with this version for a while longer. 

I am getting some fantastic support from a friend who knows the new software pretty well.

Cheers,

Joe

Needles is "fixing" the board... boy, did I pick the wrong month to quit coffee, alcohol, cocaine, and heroin... Can anyone recommend anything stronger than the afour-mentioned?

Beer is good for you - all the food groups wrapped up in a bottle that's easy to hold.

• Like 2