Ok...Flight Sim can be a steep learning curve.  It can also be frustrating at times, especially for slow learners like me!!!  However, it is so nice when you finally get something figured and get that 'sweet' moment,  I will give a couple of mine and perhaps you would like to share yours....??

1. My first carrier landing (and also my first carrier landing in the MilViz F-4J Phantom II).

2. Finally being able to do something with TacPac and dropping my first bombs!!!

(Ok...shameful confession. :th_blush:  I have had TacPac for many months and not done much with it.  Today...I finally got something working by dropping bombs from the Just Flight Hawk!!)

Bombs away!!!

Martin

• Like 2

Long time ago but the first time I flew a complete flight using charts, from parking spot to spot, no mistakes and without pausing.  Almost felt like a real pilot and I guess I'm easily impressed with myself. :D 

-The Ahha moment when the 4 flight axis (Axis's, Axiss, multiple Axes...) clicked in my brain as a Vulcan 3D teeter totter, and my reflexes learned to put the correct weight on the levers at the same time...mostly.

-First cargo delivery in a helicopter right after getting my head wrapped around the point of the needle they balance on...and pulling off a greaser landing to boot.

-Learning to ILS land, and then proving it during a foggy night landing with viscous crosswinds...the runway appeared out of the faintly glowing fog at about 200 agl with my feet on the pedals ready to take over for Otto, or Go Around...sweet.

Now...some of your are looking at "4 axes" up there and wondering if my skull is split open by one of them...no...I included the Time Axis as adjusting the other 3 axis inputs during the wrong time can be just as catastrophic as using the wrong input.

Long time ago for me too, thinking the Captain Sim B727 would be too complicated for me when actually it wasn't. I realised I must have learned more than I thought I had.

But like Brett, it's easy for me to kid myself. :D

5 hours ago, mutley said:

Not sure my memory is that good!

..But it would have to be my first cross-country solo (without GPS!) 

:hat:

Ha!  I have yet to get to grips with GPS and navigation!   I find that there is so much to learn on FSX.  At least you get a lot for what you pay for (at least when it was readily available!!!)

2 hours ago, Captain Coffee said:

-The Ahha moment when the 4 flight axis (Axis's, Axiss, multiple Axes...) clicked in my brain as a Vulcan 3D teeter totter, and my reflexes learned to put the correct weight on the levers at the same time...mostly.

-First cargo delivery in a helicopter right after getting my head wrapped around the point of the needle they balance on...and pulling off a greaser landing to boot.

-Learning to ILS land, and then proving it during a foggy night landing with viscous crosswinds...the runway appeared out of the faintly glowing fog at about 200 agl with my feet on the pedals ready to take over for Otto, or Go Around...sweet.

Now...some of your are looking at "4 axes" up there and wondering if my skull is split open by one of them...no...I included the Time Axis as adjusting the other 3 axis inputs during the wrong time can be just as catastrophic as using the wrong input.

Another dark art to master......ILS!  I am going to have a busy year!!!  :stars:

Like Joe, probably my first long VFR flight in a plane with no GPS, and using Plan G as a map only ( not connected so I don't have my real time position ) It was so rewarding to get where I wanted that I never re-connected since then on my VFR flights ... and managed to cover most of South America in my Aeropostale flights with no-GPS planes.

And certainly my first night cargo IFR flight in a BN2 Islander, wondering on start how I would find the runway at destination among all these city lights. Since then I've flown tons of these and also love flying at night ... :)

Edited by Corsaire31