Invigorated by a few hours in a heli viewing the delights of Manhattan made me think what better a subject for this months competition!

So all fixed wing fanatics head over to http://www.avsim.com or http://www.hovercontrol.com and pick yourself up a whirlybird and get snapping!

The shot can be any time, any place, any situation so long as the main subject is a helicopter (as defined here http://en.wikipedia....wiki/Helicopter ) I guess tilt rotors are in too.

So good luck one and all, please take time to read the rules as there were a few disqualifications last month sorry.gif

The closing date is 23:59 GMT Tuesday, 31st March 2009.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You must have seen this film.....

Vertical_Limit.jpg

Two scenes will forever be in my memory:

1. Where the dad cuts himself from the rope and falls to his death (somewhere in Monument Vally) in order to save his son and daughter - attached to the same rope....... and

2. When the Pakistan Air Force helicopter runs out of air density when ferrying the rescue party up K2 - almost funny but not, considering the dangers that helo pilots regularly defy in order to carry out their S&R duties.

Nice screen shot, BTW! Wish I could control the bl**dy things long enough to take one! :unclemartin:

This is about as good as it gets.....

Helocrash.jpg

Mind you, Boss - if you like it then consider it an entry for Hover Bovver!! :winka:

Cheers - Dai. :smile:

My 2 shots for the moment

A Flettner FL282 Kolibri (Hummingbird) over Berlin

-2009-mar-3-002.jpg

A Wirlybird II (fictonal) again over Berlin

-2009-mar-3-003.jpg

If only I could fly the damn things!!

I suppose the Flettner FL282 Kolibri is allowed, because it's a synchropter, defined by Wikipedia

Nazi Germany would use helicopters in small numbers during World War II for observation, transport, and medical evacuation. The Flettner Fl 282 Kolibri synchropter was used in the Mediterranean Sea, while the Focke Achgelis Fa 223 Drache was used in Europe. Extensive bombing by the Allied forces prevented Germany from producing any helicopters in large quantities during the war.

Hi, just one at the moment. It took me about an hour, but I made my way from KLAX to the LA mountains. :winka:

LA Country Fire, On Patrol over the Mountains.

LACountryFirePatrol.jpg

By the way, great winning shot last month Gabe!

Matt.

Unfortunately, Helicopters arent exactly my 'forte' but I decided to take a whack at it.

Here's my two cents :-

Flying too close for comfort to Canary Wharf;

attempt.jpg

Trying an explicit manoeuvre (Don't try ths is real life!!);

attempt2.jpg

And, finally, adding a few gray hair's to a 'normal' flight;

attempt3.jpg