For December, a fun theme.

To please all those people who think a particular plane / helo is ugly, here is a chance to show us why!

It can be any aircraft new/old/experimental of your choice so long as your shot is from flight sim, not digitally enhanced and hideous!

I will post a shot near the end of the competition although it will not be eligible as I have my "favourite" too biggrin.gif

The competition ends 23:59 Thursday 31st Dec 2009 but don't expect a result until well into the new year! stars.gifth_smiles73.gif

Good luck one and all and may I be the first to wish you seasons greetings!

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

okay lets get ugly !!

Kaman K-Max

Kmax.jpg

A shed,some planks and possibly the worst paintjob ever applied to a plane, the Short Skyvan

pinkvan.jpg

Finally, not all french designs have great style, the SNCASO Trident

sncasotridentprto.jpg

this list is not nescacarily the final one!

Well, here are the three in my virtual hangar that I can think of right now:

Nieuport 17 (criticize me as you will, but I think that most biplanes and triplanes are ugly lolz)

2009-7-4_1-29-45-830.jpg

de Havilland Canada DHC-2 Beaver (while it is a fun plane to fly, it's not much to look at)

1-1.jpg

and finally, the Dornier 228 (certainly not the best-looking aircraft in the world, but she's got alotta power)

1-4.jpg

HIDDEN HISTORY

4155112508_895a61de23_o.jpg

The ugliest thing about this piece of history is that it remains largely unnoticed, in FSX, at Edwards Air Force Base. When she flew, she was beautiful!

Show that to Kermit Weeks in Florida or Tony Bianchi at PPS and theyd have her flying again in no time !! :wacky:

Finally, not all Italians have great style, somehow this thing flew ! the Caproni Pensuti

Talkin' about italians... :wacky:

CANT C.R.D.A. hydroplane: this ugly aircraft flew a record route from Rome to Buenos Aires.

2009-11-14_20-29-50-265BMP.jpg

Let me recycle a shot of one of the ugliest planes ever created:

2009-10-9_22-10-32-135BMP.jpg

And finally... this is REALLY ugly!!! (the livery, not the aircraft) :help:

2009-11-14_8-35-27-843BMP.jpg

Ciao!!!

OK, here's a few of the ugly ones from my side of the hangar....i tend to keep these under wraps, don't want to scare any new AH members off do we!

Firstly, I present, to you, the most unashamedly ugly aircraft I ever cast eyes upon......the Transavia PL-12 Airtruk

transavia_airtruk.jpg

And, secondly, the equally hideous Orlenok Ekranoplan

OrlenokEkranoplan.jpg

Good luck to you all.....i think we're going to need it!

Thanks SEATAC, there's at least one military aircraft I was expecting to see here but no-show yet, even the name is ugly!

mut, that's no way to talk about the Spitfire.... :winka:

Spitfire? :dance: :wub::wub: No one is going to win entering that beautiful creation.