Have you seen my one ? ! great minds think alike !

True. :thumbup:

Now all we need is a decent tunnel...

Couldnt agree more. Tunnel flying as per Indiana Jones or James Bond would be one hell of a challenge, come on JF how about it? give us some tunnels to play with !

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the positive comments, Kieran - the shot is actually from the Bomb Aimer's position in the Aeroplane Heaven (Just Flight) Lancaster for FS2004 which, apart from a minor problem with prop blur, ports really well into FSX. I'm currently nearing the end of a mission based on Operation Catechism, where 9 and 617 Squadrons attacked the Tirpitz in Tromso Fjord. When it's tested, I'll post some more shots and a download link for anyone interested.

BTW, George, the FCS Lancaster's internal model doesn't extend to the Bomb Aimer's position. This, and some other details, was why I was a little critical of the FCS offering.

Cheers - Dai. :smile:

Pic1 C130 in fs9. Capt. to Navigator:- Do you know where we are ?

fs92010-06-0811-00-58-98.jpg

Pic2 Not sure, still looking Sir. When I know, I will get back to you a.s.a.p.

fs92010-06-0810-59-58-85.jpg

Here is my two shots all at FTX YBBN w/ AU GOLD, REX 2.0, Captain Sim C-130, Real Air B60 Duke and HDR Tool.

Captain Sim C-130 on apporach RWY19 at YBBN, early morning:

201066101111471.png

Real Air B60 Duke also on approach RWY19 at YBBN, at night:

2010627141752341.png

Last attempt from me - gasp! Can I replace my earlier Bomb Aimer's shot with this, please?

BombAimerOfficeView02.jpg

And, finally, this is what the film recording Lanc pilot saw after the Tirpitz had capsized:

FilmaircraftTirpitzcapsized.jpg

Both shots taken from the Catechism Mission..... :)

Cheers - Dai. :winka:

Thanks everyone for some excellent shots of your office.

After a very difficult choice from a short list I would like to award JanKees the title of winner with this superb shot. what a day at the office!

jun2010-jankees.jpg

Congratulations Jankees please check your PM's

Cheers,

Joe

an excellent picture JanKees, well done.!

as an aside Mut, and i'm trying not to to dampen the mood much (sorry if i do), but surely a more advanced FS9/X user is much more likely to score points and win the months prize than a novice user with a much less powerful system, whether the shot they submit is deemed exceptional and a 'stiff contender to win' by other members or not.

now, I'm not decrying that JanKees should not have won - its an excellent picture, but he couldn't of achieved it without help from an external application. Based on this, I'm pretty sure that those without FSX Formation Tools - even those with FS9 and as such no access to such a tool - could possibly feel even slightly unfairly judged upon due to the the fact that they don't have FSX formation Tools, and as a result can't produce such a shot.

Would it not be more sporting to level the playing field and suggest that such tools are prohibited from the competition? This needn't be a hard and fast rule, however. Scenery, for example, can be at the user preference based on their hardware specification, one man's trash is another's treasure as they say....

does anybody else have thoughts on this?

Excellent shot! A well deserved winner which I had my eye on from the beginning

Simi with regards to your comments I can see where you are coming from since jankees used a formation tool to create scenery outside the 'office' and this is a specialized tool. However it would be difficult to rule this separately to say an airport scenery. Therefore I think we would ruin the competition if we weren't using different add ons in our shots after all the best part of the competition for me is seeing different shots and how they have been developed by what combinations of add ons etc. This gives me ideas for my own set up. So all in all I can see your point but planes as scenery is the same as water and clouds and airports. Mut is always fair and picks shots that are varied and offer different things.

My only suggestion would be to narrow the topic of the month more in the effort to restrict a combination of unbeatable add ons coming together and blowing others out of the water.

Just my thoughts.....long live the competition!

Well done Jankees

Rich

actually, Simi, that shot was an oldie, done in FS9. I had been simming less than a year when I made this, now at least three computers ago...

I used FS recorder, the Maam-sim B-25 and the WoP P-51D for FS9, and a lot of time, because this was one of my first experiments with the recorder. Not too bad, was it?

I'm not even sure you can make this shot in FSX, since this viewpoint is not available in FSX (nor will this B-25 or P-51 work).

So I can well imagine that those without FS9 will feel they are at a disadvantage, since they can not make shots like these....or will they?

But seriously, if you want a level playing field, you should limit yourself to just one sim, and only default stuff....scenery, aircraft, skies....

I for one wouldn't participate, since I don't even remember what default stuff looks like.

What's wrong with using add-ons if they improve your shots?

In this case, by seeing this shot, people will download the recorder and try for themselves?

I also don't think there is an unbeatable add-on.

Tools make more things possible, but so does a good aircraft, good scenery or any weather add-on, like rex.

Me, I like to use everything I can lay my hands on to improve realism, but as this shot shows, you can't beat a good angle...

In this case, by seeing this shot, people will download the recorder and try for themselves?

i have FS Recorder JanKees, its just SO unuser-friendly and lacks any kind of detailed user-guide just to understand the very basics of its possibilities...