Oct Theme = de Havilland aircraft

Hi Simi, the rules state

Only superficial edits are allowed (re-size, minimal sharpen etc), nothing over the top i.e not composite shots. What is shown in the picture needs to be representative of what you see in flight sim.

The shot can be signed but must not have a border or frame.

So what you are suggesting is ok.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Simi, the rules state

Only superficial edits are allowed (re-size, minimal sharpen etc), nothing over the top i.e not composite shots. What is shown in the picture needs to be representative of what you see in flight sim.

The shot can be signed but must not have a border or frame.

So what you are suggesting is ok.

Excellent, I'll look to get my shots uploaded asap, some very rare DH birds in my hangar...

Sorry guys, I know you're probably tired of seeing this one. I'll try to take some new ones at some point this month and update this post.

1-1.jpg

nice shot John, but isn't that a DeHavilland Canada Beaver? If so, it's not allowed, the competition this month is for BRITISH BUILT & DESIGNED DeHavilland aircraft - check out Joe's Wikipedia link in the first post for examples.

These are my 3 pic's all FSX unedited had to dig deep to find these ones.

Having a great time playing in the clouds

2010-2-21_15-18-38-218.jpg

Pleasure flying in the DH Dragon Rapide

2008-8-26_13-53-40-890.jpg

An early DH Comet in old BOAC livery showing off her lovely lines

2008-10-16_14-52-59-828.jpg

Here's my three shots at this month's competition - really hard to make the choices

But here's a little known modification to the Mosquito, allocated to a little-known squadron, 618. They were to bomb Japaneese capital ships in harbour and were required to deck land, thus Eric Brown had to convert them onto carriers. They were working up in Australia, with their 'Highball' bombs when the atomic bombs were dropped. The Highballs were a bit problematic, with them spinning off to one side. Anyway, enough history, here's the shot!

-2011-oct-1-011.jpg

Next up is the world's first jet aircraft onto a carrier. I wasn't able to re-create this as a)I didn't have the prototype Vampire, b)The carrier didn't like it and c)I already had a carrier shot. But here's a F6 of the Swiss Air Force in Tiger markings, overflying one of it's (eventual) descendents - the Eurofighter (by de Havilland going into Hawker-Siddlely, HS going into British Aerospace then into BAe!)

-2011-oct-6-004.jpg

And finally, the Sea Venom. A descendent of the Vampire, it was smaller than the Sea Vixen but was very capable

-2011-oct-1-003.jpg

Thanks!

No one in the DH Puss Moth??

Here, Kitty kitty!! :wacko:

I've got all the Moths in my hangar, I left the light on one evening and they all turned up!

I decided to leave the lepidoptery for another time though! :winka:

Here's a few of my favourites

A 1930's DH.60 'Gipsy Moth' - seen here at Renfrew Aerodrome during the late 40's

prize_-2011-oct-20-001.jpg

An Imperial Airways DH.86 'Express' from 1935- seen here at Kemble. Sadly, there are no surviving examples of this beautiful aircraft.

prize_-2011-oct-20-002.jpg

One more to come.....

An Imperial Airways DH.86 'Express' from 1935- seen here at Kemble. Sadly, there are no surviving examples of this beautiful aircraft.

I agree with you there Simi, the DH-86 was a stunning aircraft. Did you know that Imperial used to fly them from Croydon to Australia, the trip took around 12 days! that must have been a hell of a noisy trip! No air con, VFR most of the way! Quantas also flew them on the same route !

I can see why you mentioned my one now in my BA post! Great minds think alike. the 86 was the forunner of the 89 Rapide but came after the earlier Dragon. An aircraft which, as yet, i've not ben able to find on sim.

Well done Brett!!

Thank you sir, it was in response to your post and I meant to mention this but was having trouble with getting it to stick in this thread last night. Must have rewrote it 15 times. It is indeed a fine aircraft and a pleasure to fly low and slow. Big thanks to our top dog for his help.

The 86 was the forunner of the 89 Rapide but came after the earlier Dragon. An aircraft which, as yet, i've not ben able to find on sim.

Alas, i too have been scouring high and low for a DH.96 'Dragon' for many years and have the vast sum of nought to show for my troubles. I fear that, maybe, we'll be without this beautiful airliner in our hangars for some time to come too...

i've got one more DH aircraft up my sleve that may cause controversy, but i'll keep myself schtum :secret: until i post it...

That would be good! Also the DH 90 Dragonfly and the DH 92 Dolphin ( an upgraded rapide with retractable undercarriage. only 1 built!)

amen to that!! I'm keeping my fingers crossed. Nevertheless, we can only pray our calls are heard!!!