Guess The Airport

• Replies 661
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

.... On this planet John! ♬ There is a house.... ♬

A little hint. This airport's name-sake was once the leader of a UK Political Party

Is the clue an anagram, Rob? VNKT = Tribhuvan International Airport at Kathmandu, Nepal. I'm confused (No change there, then! - Ed).

Cheers - Dai. :cool:

Thanks Rob. Okay, here's the new one.

2012-3-5_15-30-8-953.jpg

Clue: What do Henrietta (a character from the anime, Gunslinger Girl), Star W\rs and motor racing have in common?

(And ignore that bit in the lower right corner. That was Picasa popping up at the precise time I took the shot.)

That's the one. :thum: Over to you John.

As for the clues: Henrietta spends some time laying low in Sicily; Mount Etna provided the volcanic imagery for Mustafar; and Sicily plays host to Enna Pergusa, a racing circuit formerly used by SBK.

This was an ATWC stop, but I'm not saying just yet which of the three ATWC events it was part of.

Air France, British Airways and El Al fly here, but no US passenger airlines serve this airport. DHL and Kalita Air, both US companies, do provide cargo service here, but do not offer direct connections to the US.

This is a stock FSX airport - no add-on scenery.

y4mee8RpcOrBPPEBNu5kILurXbcDve3a9sUNA8q0

y4mGBxsmGpVQ34QysYu9hBPL2I1EafUM54d7PKFR

y4maSCQunOwgeSgJsA_NpRn5ofxb-zjUok6tOpkn

There are two parallel runways. If you look carefully you can see the runway lights of the other one at the right edge of the third screenshot.

The associated city is the headquarters of one of the larger aircraft companies in the world, though no manufacturing is done at this particular airport.

John

May I have a guess?

I think (and I may be wrong as I haven’t been able to fire up FS to check) that it is Kiev, Boryspil Airport UKBB. http://en.wikipedia....ational_Airport But that is a guess. According to wikipedia it fits with the clues...no US airlines, 2 parallel runways, and Kiev is home to Antonov, which are manufacturerd in Kharkiv (Ukraine), Novosibirsk (Russia), and Tashkent (Uzbekistan).

(By the way, please excuse my messy profile/signature...havent quite got it all sorted yet.)