No anti-aliasing in FS9 (nVidia drivers)

Hi,

Is anyone else experiencing this with the latest nVidia drivers (169.21)?

I have my global settings set to 4xAA and 8xAS but FS9 dosen't seem to be showing any AA, not sure about the AS. I tried giving FS9 its own specific settings with the Program Settings tab but still no luck. I've checked FS9's own anti-aliasing checkbox and made sure it is off as I know they cancel each other out.

Is anyone else experiencing this after installing the new drivers or is it just me? I've never had this problem before formatting and installing the new software. Haven't had time to check yet so I don't know if it is doing the same in other games?

System specs, for reference:

FS partition: Windows XP Service Pack 2

Other partition: Windows Vista

nVidia 7600GT - 169.21 drivers

Intel Pentium 4 3.06GHz

1GB DDR2 RAM

160GB HDD (80GB per partition)

Thanks in advance for any help :-)

Dave

Hi Dave,

Knowing you I expect you have looked in all the usual places, the trouble is there are so many. I am using 163.75 and as far as I am aware the AA is working fine.

Try rolling back the driver to the previous version via display properties - settings - advanced - adapter - properties - driver -roll back driver.

Or you can always go here http://www.nvidia.com/object/winxp-2k_archive.html to pick up a previous driver.

Not sure what else to suggest.

Cheers

Thanks Joe, will try rolling back the driver now - I had thought about that but wasn't sure where to look. Cheers :-)

*EDIT: Nope, still no luck :sad: This kind of thing can get really annoying after a while, FS9 is never happy.

Joe,

I've rolled back to the last driver I remember installing before formatting (all the way back to 93.71 :sad: ) and it seems to have fixed the problem. nVidia's control panel might not like FS9 methinks.

*scuttles off for a Radar Contact flight*

Cheers

Dave

Had similar problems myself, tried everything, Control Panel, in the sim, the lot.

Then, mysteriously I did something that worked, just at random, no idea what it was, haven't checked again for a while, wouldn't surprise me if it was off again. Very mysterious.

I'm using the latest Beta, as it's required for CoD4.

Panos, I just tried the latest WHQL and had the same issue in FSX. Aliasing all over the place, awful. You can get AA if you switch to 'application controlled' in the CC. Unfortunately FSX then defaults to a low level. What the hell are nVidia playing at?

Just tying the latest beta.

Panos, I just tried the latest WHQL and had the same issue in FSX. Aliasing all over the place, awful. You can get AA if you switch to 'application controlled' in the CC. Unfortunately FSX then defaults to a low level. What the hell are nVidia playing at?

Just tying the latest beta.

same problem here. Why don't they make any good drivers????????

Tried the beta last night, same issue, no anti aliasing at all. If set to application controlled in the control panel profile it works with FSX AA set to on, but as I said the level of AA is low.

Restored to my old driver and its fine.

How do we report this to nVidia, I have been all over their site and can

Lads... just found this:

'profile AA is broken for all Direct3D titles'

http://forums.nvidia.com/lofiversion/in ... 54877.html

WE are not alone, seems most are having this problem, the profile settings are being ignored.

Also explains why Crysis has no AA for me, no matter what I do.

For gods sake get your act together nVidia. XXXXX :wow:

• 2 weeks later...

Ive been trying to get nHancer working in FS with no joy. Maybe i'm doing something wrong. I don't want to roll back as im having a blast on COD4 so looks like FS is turned off for me for now :cool: Are nVidia even sorting this mess ?

steve (grounded :mrhappy: )

Tried different ways through nhacer and also new beta drivers and no Joy. Some people seem to get it working in nhancer by deleting the origional MSFS2004 entry and building a new one but it tells me since forceware 169 i can no longer delete it.

Its a pain in the *** :cool:

steve

Finally resolved it. I reverted back as far as 8x.x drivers and still i had no AA. It was like the new drivers had set it up with no AA and was not going to let me change it. With nHancer you can delete old profiles but not with the 169.x drivers as it wont let you. The problem was solved by using the 162.x drivers used with nHancer to create a new profile as these will let you get rid of the old profile. SO finally i have my FS back.

steve