to be honest i was expecting to get pirated at some point

they didnt get to us with Benelux ; i was hoping Germany whould slide as well

i was monitoring these sites on an hourly basis (robot)

when the first pirated copy was posted; i first got excited; yes read on...

for me the appearing of a Pirate copy was an indication

of popularity and demand by the community

i didnt think sales whould halt instantly as it happened

what i didnt expect; was to see my friends thank the pirate in public!

i guess it can be looked at positivly as well if i try hard enough

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

In defence of NE, it only adds about 325Mb to VAS usage according to my tests.   I spent some time last night tweaking performance settings in FSX and Monitoring VAS. Following some advice about cha

To Chris Bell our thanks eternal, For our wonderful flights nocturnal. We take in the sights of his brilliant lights. I suppose that make us, Fly by nights.     Sorry.

Joe, what other addons have you got running at the same time? K

I like others here am looking forward to the uk release,

however as galling as it is to have your stuff pirated , there are many ways a dev can protect his hard work from pirating.

You would not leave your ferrari with the keys in it and then whinge that someone had stolen it, so why do it with software? you have to be in the mind set that every bugger out there is a pirate

It is all about taking reasonable measures, In the UK there has been an enormous increase in crime since the eastern europeans have been allowed in, our old ways of protecting our property are no longer adequate we must evolve new ways, otherwise even if it is bolted down some bugger will nick it, same with software.

I do not condone piracy, but if some silly beggar is going to leave a ferrari outside my house with the keys in it the temptation to take it for a test drive is enormous, and many will do so.

Thank you Nigel;

i have partnered with Aerosoft which handles the file distribution, support and protection

they have a system in place; not saying its impenetrable;

but its enough stop any bugger from simply jumping over the fence with ease

i do believe they do the best they can

the way this goes down; there's not much they can do

the pirates come in the front door like anyone legit would

they legitimately pay for one software copy; than distribute it

some files are individually signed during install with the users key

AS has traced the individuals transaction instantly; the damage already been done

ahh, got sidetracked; NEUK has been submitted to AS!

Kevin, i don’t have much details about the compatibility with P3D v2.2

my source code was submitted to LM by hand few weeks back

ive stated from the beginning there's nothing wrong with NE

they have confiremed there's nothing they see thats wrong

it's LM P3D default night environment that’s not stable to start with

adding NE over it will only make things worst

the way around it is to disable few buggy features at night with P3D

than stability returns which allows one to turn NE on with no issues

im still waiting for the user over at AS forum to give us his test result to confirm

pic below shows my dev laptop (Lenovo Yoga 13; this isn't my SimPC!) with P3D v2.1

note the FPS are normal for my Yoga with lights on level 3, same goes for FSX

(Ne Germany, Frankfurt airport is right in-front of you; middle top)

2014_3_21_16_56_15_181.jpg

Hi Chris

You certainly have our deepest sympathy with the pirating issue. If people were ever wondering why we've persevered with our ESI installer despite some negative criticism of it, they need look no further than your post here!! We wish you the best of luck with your new projects.  :thum:

Piracy is a difficult issue, you need to walk a fine line between security of your software and pissing off your customers by making the install or reinstall of it a pain in the proverbials. Too complex an install and you risk loosing repeat customers.

I design software for a living, but for industrial applications and have a big issue with hackers, a security issue with a different flavour. I just dont understand people who are clearly talented programmers who devote their lives to criminal destructive behaviour. They are clearly talented enough to produce software themselves, if they did, and someone else attacked it I wonder how they would feel.

Rant over, sorry.

Despicable as piracy is Chris, you could take it as a backhanded compliment. I hope further releases are more secure and that good sales make the losses through piracy seem like a drop in the ocean.

Got NEUK, flew London to Manchester, had me Tripping the Light Fantastic. :):thum:

Thanks guys, first i have to give credit when credit is due

finally not a false advertisement; this is the friendliest place in our community!

i have to say Mutleys is shaping to be one of my favorite places to hangout

ill share a private thought i had; that’s from before i saw my software pirated,

i was curious to learn at what point our product line becomes something the community recognizes as essential component

one of the indicators for me was; believe it or not the pirated copy; which i was expecting to surface at some point

just not in the first 36hours; and i didn’t expect this to completely kill the initial sales bubble

which is not so big to begin with; since we are the new kid on the block;

my sales expectation are not high; I’m happy with selling 100 copies which is not allot;

but surprisingly we can’t make it there yet; and when a pirate put us out there in the first 36 hours

you can imagine how devastating this is to the moral of the team; none of us is expecting to make a living off this

really like the new lights :) but they do seem to be a bit hard on frames...had to knock it back to level 2 just to get into double figures in the default trike (!)

I seem to have a little problem with the base textures not showing underneath the aircraft as well, is this something daft I've done or not done?!? :P

NEUKprob_zpsab22baf1.jpg~original

i got you on As

i run night textures to LOD13

I’ve rarely seen a small area that has a default night texture higher than LOD13 and it comes over NE night textures (LOD13 is default LOD for night textures)

for those tiny; and i am talking a single tiles or small group at most; didn’t want to render to higher lod as this increases the size significantly

i can and have done this before; but prefer not to overload the file size

i may be able to release a HIGH LOD texture fix for the specific area

We found my problem - I was being dim and trying to run NE without deactivating the GenX night scenery.

It might be worth amending the manual Chris, as it does say to deactivate NE when flying in the day under 'Framerate consideration', but doesn't say anything about deactivating the GenX night scenery?

[told you you should have had me beta test it! :P ] *ducks for cover!*

Cheers K