• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi all, I am fairly new to flight simmimg, (about a year) and am enjoying it, I fly mostly A2A C172, but have very recently purchased Majestic's Dash 8. This looks a really helpful group and am e

Nice try Brett....  With google translation, you just asked him to go home ! 

Perhaps we should leave the French translations to you Loic!

Hey, I know you. :D  Again, welcome to the site. Nothing like a new rig to get the FSX aviation spirit flowing again, glad to hear your in the saddle again. :thum:

• 1 month later...

Hi folks!

Just joined, and still finding my way around, so this is actually my second post <*cough*>, sorry about that.....    :th_blush:

I've been simming since the original Bruce Artwick wireframe package on the Apple ][ in 1979, and then via every single iteration of the Micro$oft franchise up to fsx, where I've stuck (mostly because I've now invested so much in add-ons that the thought of moving on scares me. And until EFB runs with Prepar3D that's not an option, either). 

I was in the RAF for a while (not flying, apart from as much cockpit jumpseat time as I could grab), including a stretch on the staff of the RAF College Cranwell, as well as time with operational squadrons. My last posting was to RAF Odiham with helicopters everywhere from the Caribbean to the Arctic Circle, and currently I'm still living not far away from the base (no initiative, clearly.....). Since leaving the RAF I've been a computer consultant (mostly to HMG, so please don't ask), and have also done some spare time writing including a number of articles for PC Pilot, until I retired last year. The funny thing is, though, that I *still* don't have nearly as much time for simming as I'd like.  <sigh>

Here's a snap of my 'pit (the EFB moving map has automagically switched to Approach mode):

spit20131200x641.jpg

I look forward to spending some time with you guys.    :)

All the best,

Brian

Hi Brian, welcome to Mutley's Hangar.

You have come to the right place and I know you will have a blast here.

You have got a decent setup looking at you photo.

Dive in to the forums and enjoy.

There are plenty of members here, who are willing to impart their knowledge and help you to further your flight sim' experience.

Have fun, because that is what Mutley's Hangar is all about.

Cheers for now,

Regards

Brian aka Needles

Hi Brian,

Welcome to Mutley's, I received your email and I'll reply real soon  :thum:

That's a superb looking pit you have set up there, I have the desk version of the wall clock you have and had one of those switch panels too. 

... until I retired last year. The funny thing is, though, that I *still* don't have nearly as much time for simming as I'd like.  <sigh>

How many times have I heard that!

You'll fit in well here, from your bio, it looks as though you are a well-seasoned flight simmer so have plenty of knowledge too.

Cheers,

Joe 

Hi Brian, welcome to Mutley's Hanger. Nice setup you have there. :thum:  I am sure that the forums here will be mutually beneficial to yourself as well as all the members here with your input. :)  I think most of us die hard simmers will agree that there is never enough time to enjoy our hobby. :(  

Many thanks, guys!     :)

@Brett

? ...there is never enough time to enjoy our hobby.

<sigh> You said it! I genuinely thought it was going to be different after retirement — but the Domestic Controller had obviously been laying her plans for some time......   :gaah:

All part of life's rich tapestry, I guess....... :P

Cheers,

Brian

Hi Guys, just got back from a 5 day excursion to Wales. Would like to offer a big welcome to all out new members. As has bee said earlier we're a friendly bunch and always happy to help. :thum:  :welcomeani:

• 1 month later...

Hi My name is John and I have been flying sims off on on since a friend introduced me to a green screen, wire frame flight sim on an original Apple Mac back in the dawn of time.

I fly MS FSX on a regular basis with a Canadian based VA, for which I run a European server used for on line flying.  I am also their fleet manager.

What is my passion? British '60s aircraft both civil and military, but I lean heavily towards the military as a preference.

Favorite FSX add-on? - Just flight's English Electric Lightning, no contest there at all, it is fabulous, as is the real thing. 

Most looked forward to FSX item?  Just flights Canberra. This I will pre-order just as soon at they let me.

Most desired FSX item? A really good, professionally crafted Handley Page Victor.  It a spooky looking 'plane with a scary original purpose, but a great survivor, and with a huge and useful lifespan. An unsung hero. Mention Operation Black Buck and it evokes visions of the Vulcan, But it was the Victor tankers in the background that enabled this record breaking operation, and the Vulcans were scrapped first.  (Sorry was that a rant?)

What do I do? Although UK based and a patriotic Englishman, I am a software designer for a Canadian IT company. (There is no connection to the VA in this!!)

J

John,

Welcome, and as you will find - probably to no great surprise - Mutley's is actually global and you will have to deal with us Aussies, Americans and Canadians just to name a few.  All in all, an eclectically global bunch of people.  On the Canadians side you should have things down pat, now you just have to work out us Aussies and Americans.

Cheers

Andrew

Thanks for the welcome guys!

@Andrew....  I have a few Aussie friends and have spent time down under as well as in Canada.  My sum total time in the USA is 20 mins.  

Thats across the Rainbow Bridge from Canada at Niagara Falls, 20 mins to work out that the Canadian side was a better view, and back into Canada.  Time taken to go through US Border controls: 1.5 hours...... Time to go back through Canadian Boarder Controls.... 15 seconds!

I still have to work out those Americans even there are a few in the VA I am in.

@Andrew.... I have a few Aussie friends and have spent time down under as well as in Canada. My sum total time in the USA is 20 mins.

In which case, John, you know there is a lot of "tongue in cheek" and not taking things too seriously as far as Aussies go then.

Cheers

Andrew

In which case, John, you know there is a lot of "tongue in cheek" and not taking things too seriously as far as Aussies go then.

Cheers

Andrew

Sure thing Andrew....  Can I call you Bruce? :whis: