• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi all, I am fairly new to flight simmimg, (about a year) and am enjoying it, I fly mostly A2A C172, but have very recently purchased Majestic's Dash 8. This looks a really helpful group and am e

Nice try Brett....  With google translation, you just asked him to go home ! 

Perhaps we should leave the French translations to you Loic!

Hi John and a very warm welcome to Mutley's Hangar.

Just one word of warning.....

Beware the silver tongued Antipodean.

That's all I'm going to say.

Have fun and don't be too afraid to ask questions, however insignificant they may sound.

Cheers

Brian

Welcome John,

I almost agree with you on the Victor - but you still need the Vulcan to actually put one(!) bomb on the runway at the end of the mission.

But the 11 Victors, and especially the last one whose crew gave so much fuel that they were not sure that they could make it back themselves were a classic example of the British spirit. It could not be done, but they did it anyway!

I do like the UKMIL Victor though. It's not perfect (especially the VC) but a nice plane nonetheless.

Anyway have fun and I for one will not miss any opportunity to talk classic military planes. :yesa:

I John, nice to meet you and welcome to the Hanger. :)  Good luck figuring out us Americans, I'm still working on it myself and I was born here. :D At this time I'm am working hard at hopefully trying to be one of the sensible members here, only time will tell. :P

...At this time I'm am working hard at hopefully trying to be one of the sensible members here, only time will tell. :P

Brett,

Good luck, but I don't like your chances.  We have ways you know...smiley-sex014.gif

Cheers

Andrew

In which case, John, you know there is a lot of "tongue in cheek" and not taking things too seriously as far as Aussies go then.

Cheers

Andrew

Sure thing Andrew....  Can I call you Bruce? :whis:

John,

Only if can you state the faculty Rules in order, recite the ode, sing the Philosophers' Song.....and finally and most importantly, only if we can call you Bruce.  :P

Cheers

Bruce - in Charge of the Sheep Dip g1l.gif

...At this time I'm am working hard at hopefully trying to be one of the sensible members here, only time will tell. :P

Brett,

Good luck, but I don't like your chances.  We have ways you know...smiley-sex014.gif

Cheers

Andrew

Thank you sir, may I have another. :D Some people just don't want to learn. ;)

Brett,

Cheers

Andrew

Thank you sir, may I have another. :D Some people just don't want to learn. ;)

I have always been a carrot type of person rather than the whip....  I have had loads of fun hitting others with carrots.......  :blink2:

John,

Only if can you state the faculty Rules in order, recite the ode, sing the Philosophers' Song.....and finally and most importantly, only if we can call you Bruce.   :P

Cheers

Bruce - in Charge of the Sheep Dip g1l.gif

@ Andrew.....

"This is the Wattle the emblem of our land, 

you can stick it in a bottle or hold it in your hand"

Amen and crack a tube.

Can I join now?  :th_blush:

Hi John, and welcome.

I see you're already up to speed with some of the inmates, so you're obviously a survivor. I look forward to seeing you around.     ^_^

Cheers,

Brian

P.S. Like the Lamb and Flag.....

@Brian747

Its from our local regiment, the 2nd of foot latterly the Queens Royal West Surrey Regiment.  Long since amalgamated, and the Stoughton Barracks turned into a housing estate.

My paternal grandfather served with them in the first world war as a lewis gunner.

If you see it on other forums with the name Lamb or Paschal Lamb, it going to be me. 

J. 

Hi my friends,

I am Pedro (real name) a Portuguese and Spanish citizen, living in Spain.

I joined Mutley's Hangar a few days ago and I'm here to say hello :-) and introduce myself.

I am an enthusiastic user of FSX, but started with the old Sinclair ZX Spectrum Flight Simulator, on the 80's. Yessssss... you can call me grandpa :-)

Sometimes I must use FS9, due to the limitations of my laptop and sometimes I try to use X-Plane 10...

I am 62 y.o. and a retired ATPL

I loved simulation even when I was an active pilot and that will die with me...

Best regards

Fatbird

Pedro,

Welcome to Mutley's Hangar.  I think you will find we are all a very friendly, if not sometimes insane, bunch of guys and girls who are more than happy to share our collective knowledge.  Whilst you have about 10 years on me, I have been a self professed flight sim addict since the mid 1980's and proud of it.  I had the chance to retire early and now spend the good part of my days flying, writing reviews for Mutley's Hangar, or doing something in relation to MSFS and FSX.

As you will also note, I am the distant Aussie in the group.  I look forward to seeing you around the Forum.

Cheers

Andrew

Welcome, Pedro.  This is a great place and I look forward to your questions and contrbutions.  Who did you fly for?

John

Hi John,

Thank you for your words!

It will be a long answer… too long.

Military including war operations in Africa, instructor, firefighting ops (helicopters), commuter, charter, executive, cargo, air ambulance.

Military pilot for 17 years (DHC1 Chipmunk, Alouette III, T-37, T-33, FIAT G-91, Falcon 20).

Portuguese ICAO licences (no JAA at that time): PPL(A), CPL (H), CPL(A), ATPL(A)

JAA licence: ATPL(A)

F/O: Avro 748 and BAe ATP (both in Portugal).

Capt: AS350 BA/B1/B2, MD500D (all of them firefighting, in Portugal), DO-228 (Portugal), BAe ATP (Portugal and Spain), B722 (DHL cargo Spain), Falcon 20D retrofit Proline 4 (Spain),  BAe 146-300 (charter in Spain), Beech Supr King Air 350 C Proline 21 (Air Ambulance in Turkey).

Pedro

Welcome, Pedro.  This is a great place and I look forward to your questions and contrbutions.  Who did you fly for?

John

Hi John,

Thank you for your words!

It will be a long answer… too long.

Military including war operations in Africa, instructor, firefighting ops (helicopters), commuter, charter, executive, cargo, air ambulance.

Military pilot for 17 years (DHC1 Chipmunk, Alouette III, T-37, T-33, FIAT G-91, Falcon 20).

Portuguese ICAO licences (no JAA at that time): PPL(A), CPL (H), CPL(A), ATPL(A)

JAA licence: ATPL(A)

F/O: Avro 748 and BAe ATP (both in Portugal).

Capt: AS350 BA/B1/B2, MD500D (all of them firefighting, in Portugal), DO-228 (Portugal), BAe ATP (Portugal and Spain), B722 (DHL cargo Spain), Falcon 20D retrofit Proline 4 (Spain),  BAe 146-300 (charter in Spain), Beech Supr King Air 350 C Proline 21 (Air Ambulance in Turkey).

Pedro

And now your most difficult transition to FSX pilotage with us lot.  :cloudnine:  :hat:  :pilotic:

PS Me?  A retired FireFighter UK  (Put out to dry)

:welcomeani: Pedro,

It's great to have you on board.

Mutley's Hangar is, as I'm sure you will find out along the way, the friendliest Flight Forum on the www.

I hope you will enjoy your experience here, (I'm sure you will) and don't be afraid to ask questions.....lot's of them.

There are no stupid questions so fire away.

Don't forget to post any photographs you have of your flight-sim setup, in the 'Hardware' section. We would be happy to see them.

Looking forward to your posts.

Cheers

Needles aka Brian :thumbup:

Don't worry about the English - you're doing great.

That's an impressive resume - I suspect some of us will be learning a thing or three from you as we go along. 

John

Everybody learn from someone.

I already learned with your excellent tutorial "Adding Waypoints to Flight Simulator", as well as some other things, in several posts. This is a nice forum.

If I can do somethig useful in the forum, i'll be glad.

Pedro

• 2 weeks later...

Hello all! You must pardon my rudeness for not having introduced myself earlier but I couldn't resist the jokes and word association threads here and jumped straight in without a Hello. Those of you on the Just Flight forum will know me for my flippant schoolboy attempts at trying to be funny. Anyone here who have read my posts will have deduced that already.

A bit of background; having been born and raised on the Isle of Wight there were lots of trains, boats and planes around. The trains were Victorian hand-me-downs, the ships were the last in the line of the TransAtlantic ferrys, The old Queens Elizabeth & Mary, America, Canberra that used to sail past my home town. The real thrill was walking past the cocooned carcase of the Saro Princess flying boat on my way to school every day. Then the was the Britten-Norman Islander build at Bembridge, (there's a good sim of it).

Still there? I bought FS9 in a charity shop about five years ago, it sat on the shelf for a couple of months before I loaded it. Since then I've never looked back. Now on FSX with Acceleration and fly almost every day.

Wish list; a really good Bristol Britannia and a soon to be realised upgrade to a hardcore system, Chillblast? Wired2Fire? Alpine? Suggestions please.

I like this friendly, good humoured forum, thanks for having me. :D  :thum: