We are 10 and meet our sponsors!

We are celebrating 10 years on the web and I am delighted to announce that Mutley's Hangar has agreed a sponsorship deal for our community website and forums. 

We are proud to be associated with the UK's premier computer system designer, Chillblast, who build the finest custom PC's available and have won every major award currently available in the UK's computer press. Ben Miles, their Sales Director says, "it will be great to work along with one of the web’s premier flight sim portals!"

Thanks to everyone who has chipped in and donated over the past 10 years and made this the friendliest flight simulation community site there is. As you can imagine, with all the best will in the world, we never met our costs. This sponsorship secures our future and will now cover our hosting, licensing and promotional costs for the next three years.

We will remain editorially independent as we always have been, we are not a business and we remain focussed on the personal and community aspect of flight simulation.

Please help our cause by visiting Chillblast some time soon, they are an ultra helpful and friendly bunch.. just like us!

Cheers

Joe

Great news! Very happy to see that you'll be receiving some financial support going forward. Not sure many of your forum members really understood that you were paying for the domain name, software licensing and the web hosting out of your own pocket all this time.

Congratulations to you, and my thanks to Chillblast for recognizing the Mutley's Hangar site as one they'd like to be associated with. Winners all around, methinks.

John

Hello Everyone!

Ben from Chillblast here - I'm a long time lurker on the forums but now we are sponsoring Mutley's Hangar I'll be a bit more active! As a company we'll occasionally let you know about a special offer for subscribers, or upload a post containing information about updates to our Flight Sim range, but we are certainly not here to fill the forum with ads or intrude on this lovely community of fans!

Personally, I've been using flight sim since it looked like this and I was running on a black and white Toshiba Tecra laptop, so I've accumulated a lot of simulator knowledge over the many many years I've been practicing this hobby (though, alas, not as much skill at flying!). A lot of my buddies here at Chillblast HQ are also Flight Sim enthusiasts, so you can be sure that if you need a new rig, we fully understand what does and doesn't make for a great system for Flight Simulator X, P3D or Xplane. If any of you have any questions feel free to email me or PM me on the forum!

Best Regards

Ben Miles

Welcome Ben and Chillblast.

And Happy 10th Anniversary Mutleys, Happy to have found this spot to share FS stories and general FS'BS.

Sorry the occasional 5 buck toss didn't meet costs Joe. Volunteer fundraising is a bitch :( Maybe if you had followed the PBS model and shut down the board for a weeklong fundraiser twice a year...yeah...just kidding.

I visited the chillblast site and looked at the comps...awesome looking gear. Especially like that they are not all "Gamey" looking with bling all round...just herky looking cases (welllll, cept for that Valkyrie XB-70 II model...just my personal opinion, I bet it has it's fans [ ...and quite a few inside the box as well :P ] ).

Best of luck with the sponsor association here.

Matt, we have a supermarket in the UK with a slogan of "every little helps". Every pound, euro and dollar went to our fighting fund and I would like to thank Geoff (Hifly) for his recent campaign and everyone who I hope received personal thanks from me. 

Being sponsored means I can spend more time bringing more exciting content to our community for years to come.

If anyone is going to any of the UK FS shows this year please pop by and say hello Ben on the Chillblast stand.

Cheers,

Joe

Happy Birthday Mutley's! :clapping: The best place to hangar round. Wishing Joe, :bowdown: MH :salute: and its' association with Chillblast many more happy and successful years. ENCORE!

This is fantastic news. Having had a few chillblast systems to review at PC pilot, well we just love 'em. To see chillblast signing up and supporting the hangar, well it's just brilliant.

Congrats and welcome Ben.

Jess B

Personally, I've been using flight sim since it looked like this

Ben Miles

Hey, welcome Ben and Chillblast.

I remember that sim - Merril C.Meigs (KCGX) field, Chicago, USA. I had a lot of fun with the original MS Flight Simulator.

Sadly, Meigs was bulldozed in the middle of the night by a Chicago Mayor with an agenda (I won't editorialize).

@Mutley, congrats!

Super news Joe nice to see you getting support and recognition for the great work you do here.

Already been over and looked at the pc's and they do look fantastic.

Happy 10 years and hopefully you'll be here for another 10 years and more :)

Congratulation Joe and Hangar minions;

these are indeed wonderful news knowing our home is secured for years to come,

a big THANK YOU to ChillBlast and warm welcome to you Ben

(yes we know you guys here in the US as well :))

Hey Arnie, a lot of us old 'uns might not be looking forward to thinking where we will be in 10 years time but so long as I still have a pulse then Mutley's will be here for our community!

On a brighter note,it's great to know we will always have some online buddies as mad (and senile?) as we all are!

Joe 

Best News Yet Joe  congrats on 10 years :hb2: and Here's to the Next 10 years  and a big cheer to Cillblast and a warm Welcome to Ben too. :thumbsup: Mutley's is the only place to be.  Thanks  Joe for all your hard work and help over the past years. :hat:

Cheers Mike 

well done Joe on 10 years, great news.

well done Ben @Chillblast, looked at your systems before they do look great.....

hope to have a nose around at Cosford........

Wayne

Thanks for the very warm welcome everyone! We will be attending the FSC Weston event this weekend if anyone fancies popping along and checking out our kit (as well as a host of other kit from exhibitors, special deals on scenery and other software and controllers!). It's at the Helicopter Museum in Weston Super Mare on this Saturday and Sunday (18th and 19th of July). Additionally, we will be attending Cosford later in the year as well!

• 3 weeks later...