FlightSim 2015 Cosford - Ticket For Sale

Sorry if this is in the wrong place...

I bought 2 tickets intending a family trip down to Cosford this October...but my wife has ditched out in favour of a much more dull and uninteresting hen night :P

I'll still be travelling down with my daughter but she gets in free, so I now have a spare ticket up for grabs if anyone is intending to go and hasn't bought a ticket yet...

Cheers K

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

No offence Steph but I didn't have a pic of you and the hubby or you would have been included in the edit.   I am sure you guys are much cuter than the ones pictured.    I was lucky to have a pic

@Alan: I guess you're thinking of the one at the helicopter museum in Weston. The one at Cosford is, as Kevin said, in October. If not I sure wasted my money booking the flight and accommodations    

Hi Kevin!   Having just been released from the threat of having to be away with the family that weekend, I'd be delighted to accept your kind offer.      So many thanks indeed — I'll PM you regar

@Alan: I guess you're thinking of the one at the helicopter museum in Weston. The one at Cosford is, as Kevin said, in October. If not I sure wasted my money booking the flight and accommodations  ;)

See you in Cosford Kevin. If I hadn't sorted a ticket already I would have taken you up on your offer.

• Like 1

@Alan: I guess you're thinking of the one at the helicopter museum in Weston. The one at Cosford is, as Kevin said, in October. If not I sure wasted my money booking the flight and accommodations   ;)

Ah that'd be it then, Me having brainache after a couple pints of Thwaites last night!

There's 32 stands so far, a full house!

(provisionally) We will be on stand 22 this year, which will be against the wall opposite the starboard engine of the Junkers Ju52. I asked for a space away from the main arena as it was so busy and noisy last year. There will plenty of space for members to mingle and the indoor catering has been re-established this year.

Great news from Bruce, get that crew shirt ironed and your id badge ready!!

The advance ticket offer is still on until Saturday September 26th see here http://www.flightsimulationshow2015.com/tickets/

Hope to see you all there.

Excellent, that gives me 45 days to plan the 21,000 mile round trip then. Can't wait to see you all and I have enough Frequent Flyer points to do it First Class return.

This will be a real hoot. Be afraid, be very afraid!

Considering the time it will take for the flight I'd say you might need to have the planning sorted in 43 days Andrew  ;)

Is there a direct flight into Birmingham you could take  :faint:

Why do you guys insist on complicating it. It's easy, I fly into Heathrow, hot foot it down to Bishop's Waltham, and catch the Bishop's Waltham limousine service.

Heck, I could be there by this weekend if I really wanted to.

Why do you guys insist on complicating it. It's easy, I fly into Heathrow, hot foot it down to Bishop's Waltham, and catch the Bishop's Waltham limousine service.

Hey Andrew, you can catch s lift with me and the huz from Hedge End.. oh, hang on, I think we're on 2 wheels this time..

:-?

• Like 1

These shows are worth a visit especially for a newbie like you. You'll be able to get loads of help and advice form show-goers and stand-holders alike, and meet a lot of like-minded people. You can also meet fellow members at the Mutley's Hangar stand. Prices are somewhat lower than shops on most items, but that can't be guaranteed of course.

Hope to meet you and all the other members there again in October!

Are shows like this worth a visit by a newbie like me or are they full of peeps that all fly like experts? Plus are there any deals to be had on gear or is it all the same as shop prices?

Mike

HI Mike

I didn't go last year but i did in 2013, and it was a real mix then. Some people were trying out every bit of equipment they could get their hands on, and others were having deep meaningful conversations with suppliers which you just can't easily have on the phone or on email.

There are plenty of stands so that you can see where you might want to flex your credit card, and in 2013 there were a few 'show' bargains to be had.  The goodie bag was also well worth it too.

I was hanging around the MH stand for a while (Joe and the guys were so busy i thought i'd never get to speak to anyone) then i got chatting to Kevin Firth, and he was great.. answering a lot of questions i'd had. It was Kev's recommendation that i should join the MH forums, and right he was [Thanks Kev  :thum: ]

I'm really glad that the stand is going to be a little bit removed from the main bun-fight, which will mean i might get 3 minutes with Joe instead of the 2 i got last time  ;)   

Last thing which is a real plus, is that the museum is free to visit as well, and its a great museum! They have managed to shoehorn all sorts of incredible aircraft in there. I was in awe at Duxford, and Cosford came quite close IMHO

Don't worry about being a newbie, we were all there once, and it will definitely whet your appetite!  :D

Hi Adrian,

Thanks for your insight and it will be great to meet again!

Mike,

It is definitely not a geeky show. It's great to meet the developers face to face and realise they are just normal people with the same interests as us.

There is a big community aspect with the VA's and clubs always keen to chat about flight sim on any level, as we will be on our stand.

And there is the fantastic RAF Cosford museum which is full of iconic aircraft and is free to visit!

As Adrian said there should be offers and you get a goody bag if you pre register on the site above.

For anyone remotely interested in FSX P3D or X-Plane it is a must go event, it's worth all the effort as an exhibitor and as a visitor.

Hope  that helps!

Joe

Hey Andrew, you can catch s lift with me and the huz from Hedge End.. oh, hang on, I think we're on 2 wheels this time..

:-?

Steph,

Can you rig up a sidecar?  :D

Even if huz wasn't going and I was to pillion, we could only ever go around left hand bends and turns, otherwise, due to my situation, I would end up on the roadside.....a lot.  :whis: