Any FS news is interesting news, please share!

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Dear All,   I would like to invite you all as Mutley's news hounds!   We all have our own connections, media feeds and FS site favourites etc. so if you see any interesting or entertaining news th

This one is for Matt, another dive bomber to deliver frozen fish...

just a quick Heads up to anyone with REX TD HD, 2gig update, part of which makes it p3d4 compatible.....fire up REX, you will get told there's an update, no report yet just downloading now........whoo

That is a fine looking aircraft. If they make it TacPac enabled it would be interesting to see how it handles a tactical nuclear weapon.

RAF slang for a tactical nuclear bomb was 'a little bucket of sunshine'. Rather apt but really dark at the same time.

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

As far as I am aware, nearly all RAF bombing raids were carried out at night, particularly ,Lancaster squadrons, unlike the following quote from the Aeroplaneheaven's  statement.

"It did these things, unfailingly throughout the RAF Bomber Command daylight bombing offensive from 1942 right through to the end of the war. "

Yeah, they kind of got that wrong, didn't they?  I think the RAF tried some daylight bombing early in the war and had unacceptable loss rates.  I do think they may have done some daylight bombing with lighter types, Mossies, etc, throughout the war but I suspect those were more tactical than strategic.

John

• Like 1

Just spotted a forthcoming Caravelle on the Just Flight website.  I remember seeing those at Heathrow in a day a LONG time ago when they actually encouraged plane spotting!!

Now...where is that HS Trident that I am wanting....:P

https://www.justflight.com/product/sud-aviation-caravelle-iii

Martin

• Like 1

Flight1 King Air B200 now out for P3Dv4

New Complete Edition - Version 2

This is a new all-in-one Complete edition that covers the following simulators: 

Prepar3D v4 (with new P3D v4 specific features) 
Prepar3D v3 
FSX Boxed 
FSX Steam 

• Thanks 2
On 3/5/2018 at 17:14, allardjd said:

Yeah, they kind of got that wrong, didn't they?  I think the RAF tried some daylight bombing early in the war and had unacceptable loss rates.  I do think they may have done some daylight bombing with lighter types, Mossies, etc, throughout the war but I suspect those were more tactical than strategic.

John

Yep. Daylight raids had an average loss rate of over 10% by the middle of 1941 - small formations were no match for the Luftwaffe (an experience the USAAF found at the start of their bombing offensive). Post D-Day there was quite a bit of daylight raids by the heavies as well - tactical at first then moving on to strategic.

General description may be wrong but it looks good!

Edited by hurricanemk1c

A couple of interesting items of news that may have slipped under the radar for some...

Razbam have released a TacPack version of the A-7 D/E Corsair II.  While is available to purchase,  it is still being refined.  (Yes, I have it!!)

Aerosoft have added the Lightning F.53 to their F.6 package.  It even includes the rare desert camouflage version, which is very nice.  I bought mine from FSPilot Shop and as my account for the Lightning was still valid,  when I downloaded it again, the F.53 was included.  Yey!!  :D

Edited by Tristarcaptain
corrected company
  • Like 2

XP11 NEWS......

TERRAMAXX out tomorrow...Saturday 17th March....distributed via Xaviation this will give seasonal textures for the whole world in XP, it can be set to Auto or forced to produce winter, screenies over there were quite good....

Downside is that all 3rd party airports have to be changed slightly but apparently it's not difficult to do and this will allow snow etc in their scenery, also currently it won't work with photo scenery, e.g. ortho4xp.

Also ships with Autumn style trees and 2 levels of detail textures depending on your PC Specs....

No price listed yet, but if I have time I will post over the weekend.....

Edited by wain
oops
  • Thanks 1
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

787 for P3D looks to be on it's way soon as the Quality Wings NDA has been lifted.

Quite interested as we have been on the 788/789 a couple of times!

2 hours ago, Captain Coffee said:

Looks really nice. Lots of details and features. Bit of a nail biter at the end of that vid...2 turning, 1 burning, and one of the gear is in the burner...YIKES!

Yeah...looks good.  I can't wait to get it!  :dancea:

50 minutes ago, mutley said:

Love the Lanc, only watched Dambusters on Sunday, of course there were disclaimers about language of the day :rolleyes:

Uh...?  Nothing wrong...? Wasn't the dog called Digger?? :blink2:  I thought it used to like digging up bones!!

28 minutes ago, Tristarcaptain said:

Uh...?  Nothing wrong...? Wasn't the dog called Digger?? :blink2:  I thought it used to like digging up bones!!

:good:Ah yes, but I hark back to the 1955 original with Michael Redgrave and Richard Todd! I am sure the PC crew can remind us how many times the n word was used. (Such a nice dog!)

So was I...LOL!  I think that's the only film of The Dambusters at the moment.  Goodness knows when the promised remake will happen!!

I wish that Aeroplane Heaven had a Dambusters plane with their forthcoming release......I guess that we can't have everything!! :stars: