couldn't resist clicking buy on this baby - 10% off at overclockers

Seriously, the pic doesnt do it justice. Its heavy, big, with a serious metal backplate and as previous commented on, a trio of what can only be termed turboprops on the front! Its almost as fast as the heaviest oc'ed 980Ti on the market but priced at nearly the cheapest. Normal price is £569 and currently discounted to £509....

Seriously, the pic doesnt do it justice. Its heavy, big, with a serious metal backplate and as previous commented on, a trio of what can only be termed turboprops on the front! Its almost as fast as the heaviest oc'ed 980Ti on the market but priced at nearly the cheapest. Normal price is £569 and currently discounted to £509....

Shhhh! Your wife might find out!

Shhhh! Your wife might find out!

She already did, I'm posting from the afterlife :P

• Like 1

A lovely piece of kit, Kevin!

Enjoy.....

Cheers,

bruce

a.k.a. brian747

P.S. <grin>  Remember the time (not that many years ago) when the conventional wisdom was that FSX was processor-intensive, and so there was no point in adding a powerful graphics card? Yet another of the many FSX myths that have bitten the dust....

B.

Are they now properly corrected in 3.1 Chris?

I've only just installed and got the card running nicely...and nice is a massive understatement...tremendously smooth and detailed flight, even with DSRx2 and all P3D3.1 sliders at max, with ai and boat traffic at decent levels - maintaining 30fps in the Q400 with slinky smooth TIR movements :)  A great investment!!

Let me see what I can do with NE next time.... :)

Cheers K

• Like 1

Are they now properly corrected in 3.1 Chris?

I've only just installed and got the card running nicely...and nice is a massive understatement...tremendously smooth and detailed flight, even with DSRx2 and all P3D3.1 sliders at max, with ai and boat traffic at decent levels - maintaining 30fps in the Q400 with slinky smooth TIR movements :) A great investment!!

Let me see what I can do with NE next time.... :)

Cheers K

Good that it's all working well - maybe get a cheeky second and SLI them ;) go on treat yourself lolol

oh no! My next uncommitted £500 goes on SWMBO. I dont think that internal audit would consider another card in SLI to satisfy that requirement :P. Besides, the bloody thing is a) performing flawlessly at abominably high settings; and b) so big I couldnt physically fit another in my current case :P Fortunate, eh?!? :) Cheers K

I’m very happy for you Kevin,
i know you've been waiting a long time to update your system

Are they now properly corrected in 3.1 Chris?

since you started it all; i think it’s only fair that you be the judge :)

quoted from Prepar3D published list of updates:
Fixes and Improvements

• Fixed issue that caused weapon trails to not animate correctly at long distances
  • Triton water updated to Cuda 6.5 and performance improved
  • Fixed issue where sea foam texture would not display across multiple graphics cards
  • Fixed bug where 3D water would not correlate correctly between multiple views
  • Fixed terrain spikes that would occur with multiple moving views
  • Reduced black textures when switching views showing previously requested objects
  • Fixed crash that would occur when more than 24 2D views were opened
  • Fixed issue with bump mapping where tangent was calculated incorrectly
  • Fixed color of emissive night only materials <-- thats NE's night texture blend fix
  • Fixed lighting value used for nighttime reflections
  • Prevent sun and moon from fogging when volumetric fog is disabled
  • Fixed issue where last emitted extrusion would become detached from the emitter
  • Fixed bug that caused light effects to be overridden to use incorrect effect file
  • Like 1