Too much flight simming when...

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

..  when you create a FS forum and website and it takes over your life! 

When you drive out of your home onto the road, turn, and follow the white line down the middle.    

You look up at clouds and mutter that the textures don't look realistic

As I did yesterday, Made sure my B747 was on course and the autopilot behaving itself before going out to the kitchen make a cuppa. I'd also done it earlier when I sat down to have dinner! ( it was a long haul flight, Easter Island to Santiago)

2 hours ago, dodgy-alan said:

As I did yesterday, Made sure my B747 was on course and the autopilot behaving itself before going out to the kitchen make a cuppa. I'd also done it earlier when I sat down to have dinner! ( it was a long haul flight, Easter Island to Santiago)

I dash out to check the laundry in the building at the end of my docks while Air-Hauling...gotta have an AP when working the cargo.

I had to walk away a few times from a F-100 on autopilot from Honolulu to Midway Island yesterday...2 hours is too long to sit in a cramped cockpit when it's sunny outside.

• Like 1

Something I've done ever since I drove coaches airside at Heathrow etc. Just as an aircraft will turn its rotating beacons and lights on before moving off the stand, I also turn on my Hazard lights when reversing out of a parking bay in the car! That way there is no way any other driver (or pedestrian)should not be aware that I'm moving, as together with the tail lights and reverse lights i'm lit up like a christmas tree!

Our airside coaches also had orange rotating beacons on the roof as required by CAA regulations.

• Like 1
Just now, hifly said:

You check the wind direction before you fart. :huh:

That's just common courtesy. :D Ok...it's actually Uncommon courtesy and you are awarded +10 Karma points for it.

Checking the wind direction while doing automobile GPS navigation "pre-flight" is however a bit over the top...although it could technically affect my fuel use.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Captain Coffee said:

That's just common courtesy. :D Ok...it's actually Uncommon courtesy and you are awarded +10 Karma points for it.

Checking the wind direction while doing automobile GPS navigation "pre-flight" is however a bit over the top...although it could technically affect my fuel use.

Karma, a karma ran over my dogma.

2 hours ago, Captain Coffee said:

It's a bitch when the wind is straight across the driveway and it exceeds your car's crosswind limits . . .

• 2 weeks later...

1 ... When you fly to this years/last years holiday destination.. many times, to prove you could have made a better landing than the pilot did the time.

2 ... When you fly to this years/last years holiday destination.. and you can enjoy the flight by flying it yourself without all  those  bloody screaming kids making it hell!

• Like 1
6 hours ago, mutley said:

1 ... When you fly to this years/last years holiday destination.. many times, to prove you could have made a better landing than the pilot did the time.

2 ... When you fly to this years/last years holiday destination.. and you can enjoy the flight by flying it yourself without all  those  bloody screaming kids making it hell!

I've actually raced a flight in real time . :)