August: Holiday destinations

Its holiday season so this month's competition is Holiday destinations, wish you were here?

Usual rules apply please see above. Please note I have increased the maximum width to 1280px, now we all have larger monitors. (Sorry to those who don't)

Competition runs until midnight, Monday 31st August 2009.

Here is an example of the new maximum size, a picture of French Polynesia!

Good luck one and all.

tahiti.jpg

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am happy to kick start this month's excellent theme, holiday destinations. I spend most of my flying time on FSX going to exotic locations or visit places of natural beauty, so this month's theme suits me right down to the ground :thanks:

First Entry,

Arriving at Saint Martin in the Caribbean for a beer, sunshine and surf, only heineken can do this.

ContestHolidayShot1.jpg

Second entry,

"If you're going to San Francisco, be sure to wear some flowers in your hair"

SanFrancisco.jpg

The definition of 'Wish you were here'! There is Sun, Sea & Supermodels, what more does a person need?

Contest2.jpg

Best of Luck all, lets have plenty of entries for this month, pull yer finger out people :winka:

Soya,

Is that a formation tool you are useing in your shots? If so could you tell me where too get one.

Back on topic

I can't wait till my Scenery maderia comes

Good luck to all who enter

I did not use the formation AI tool in the above shots, which what I presume you are referring to, only in my Formations Tomcats post. The tool is at

ok guys here are my entries.

Agusta 109 sightseeing over Rome, Vatican top left, Colliseum in the foreground.

A109overRome.jpg

If you look to your left you may just see Mr Obama waving at you !

Stearmanoverthewhitehouse.jpg

My Idea of heaven, A tropical island, a great little seaplane, a pretty girl and a spot of fishing !!

gonefishin-1.jpg

Great enteries so far guys!

I will have my enteries in soon :thumbup:

Mut, i'm guessing you'll pick up this message up on here eventually, I have a couple of questions for you.

Where did you get that otter from?? Where is that island in your shot? Oh and on a completely different topic, is it possible to get hold of the ATWC paint job shown on your Forum banner?

CaptHill

Great enteries so far guys!

I will have my enteries in soon :cool:

Mut, i'm guessing you'll pick up this message up on here eventually, I have a couple of questions for you.

Where did you get that otter from?? Where is that island in your shot? Oh and on a completely different topic, is it possible to get hold of the ATWC paint job shown on your Forum banner?

CaptHill

Hi Capt,

The Twotter and Tahiti X are both from Aerosoft, both are absolutely top-notch products.

The forum banner is the Carendo 206G Stationair. I have nasty feeling I lost that livery when I re-formatted my old PC but I do have various back-up resources so I will have a look around for it :thumbup:

Cheers

Hi, here's my first two. I left the last months too late again to post, must organise myself better. :cool:

Great winning shot last month Dai. :thumbup: Loved the greens in the shot.

Day out touring around Hawaii in a C152.

MutleyAUG20091.jpg

BA B772 Seconds from touchdown in Rio.

MutleyAUG20092.jpg

Matt.

• 2 weeks later...

My 3 shots - by the way these are Irish destinations for Irish people

My Acceleration AgustaWestland EH101 (aka recylced Sea King me thinks) over the Forth Rail Bridge

-2009-aug-19-001.jpg

Watching the planes as we leave Heathrow - WoAI 744

-2009-jul-8-039.jpg

And a Tornado in a certain Carribean location - St. Maarten!

-2008-may-24-004.jpg

Good luck all!

These are my last 2 pic's FSX unedited.

I Wish I was Here.

2009-8-25_16-57-42-89.jpg

Returning over lake Garda from a Ski-ing trip in the Italian Dolomites in my 206B. heading for a Cool Beer and maybe a swim later. Beats Working !!!

2009-8-30_16-59-7-437.jpg