August: Holiday destinations

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually, the best time to see fireworks are at midnight on new years eve. I know they have them in NYC, But I'm not sure about anywhere else. Set the date to December 31, just before midnight and fly around for a few minutes and you will see them.

Hi everyone, who says holiday has to be blue skies and sandy beaches? :great:

Toby

Summer 2009

On a two week break in the Tongass Fjords this summer, we took a short trip around the islands in a Beechcraft Duke...

tongassduke.jpg

Autumn 2008

Taken from the top of the Matterhorn on our heliskiing holiday (from the cockpit of a Lama rescue helicopter)

switzerland.jpg

Summer 2007

We were lucky enough to be able to fly over Deua National Park on Australia's East Coast whilst on a hiking holiday there...

orbxduke2.jpg

Hi, Toby - nice set of shots - thanks for contributing! It's a wild forum this - you have been warned..... :great:

Anyway, here's a retrospective of my first holiday by 'plane - a dull morning in Gatwick, sometime in July 1960 (Watch It - You Lot!!!), when we were off to Lloret de Mar via Perpignan.

DanAirDizzieatGatwick.jpg

The Dizzie was in Dan Air livery and they gave us sweeties - the cabin wasn't terribly well pressurised - and, wait for it, a map drawn by the Flight Engineer! Those were the days, eh?!? :whis:

Cheers - Dai. :cool:

p.s. Sorry the photo's B/W - I couldn't afford colour film...... :thum:

Hi, here are my three entries for this months competition.

Duchess flight from Lord Howe:

2009-8-30_9-40-10-491.jpg

Extra taking off from Lord Howe to perform some aerobatic manouvres:

2009-8-30_9-46-58-871.jpg

Finally my faviroute shot of the Maul flying towards the Matterhorn in Switzerland, taking a few lucky passengers to ski off piste!

2008-12-28_15-44-55-232-1.jpg

And it's goodnight from me - well, a last minute addition to the Comp. This was taken earlier in the year during Air Hauler beta testing - it's that famous Shiprock Peak in north Arizona:

AH350ShiprockPeakanddike08Jan09.jpg

Good luck, Everyone!! :rockon:

Cheers - Dai. :cray:

Hi again, I managed to get some screenshots for this contest, great competition! Good luck to all!

A nice flight down the world famous Las Vegas Strip:

2009-2-15_22-18-25-504-1.jpg

Arriving in Gran Canaria for a charter summer break:

2009-8-11_18-5-17-949-1.jpg

Arriving home from America by 747 - no better way!

2009-8-8_17-35-5-162-1.jpg

Thanks to everyone who entered this month's competition.

A real mix-match of shots from the inevitable shots of St. Maarten to the Fjords of Alaska. Rain drenched London to the parched rock that is Uluru

As with all competitions this month was difficult to judge but I kept going back to one shot and noticing new things all the time. Dusk, my favourite time for a sun-downer, fountains in the swimming pool, people outside enjoying the evening and the archetypal holiday image, the huge multi-story hotel.

Put that all together with a destination of Malibu and you have your winner.

Without further ado this months winner is Soaranden with this excellent shot, well done! :clapping:

Aug09_holiday_destinations_soarande.jpg

Check your PM!

Let me be the first to wish congrats to Soaranden, a great shot and well deserved winner, well done.

And well done to Joe, as this month we had some great entries which must have made Joe's job even harder but great work with coming out with a worthy winner.

And well done to all who entered, see you all next month. :clapping:

Thanks for the congratulatory postings. I want to acknowledge Jason L. Terry and Joshua B. Nyhus for developing the wonderful "Malibu Version 4 for FSX" (afc2v4jt.zip) freeware. Without their contributions to the FSX community, the screenshot would not have been possible. Thanks, too, to Mutley's Hangar and Just Flight for the contest and for the prize!

Dan