Boeing 767 Pedestal Project

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the update Jack, it's not as though you have all the instruments to hand to install, I take it once installed you test the individual components work before going for the big switch on!

Cheers

Thanks for the update Jack, it's not as though you have all the instruments to hand to install, I take it once installed you test the individual components work before going for the big switch on!

Cheers

No problem Mut.

And yes you're correct - I always thouroughly test the relative components against the specifications before using it for a flight! :winka:

I'm a bit stuffed for ideas on how to implement the ECIAS though (obviously in the future).

Basically, my monitor takes on output, and the CDU takes the other output (from my graphics card)...

So how would I get a third output for my EICAS display?

Unfortunately TH2G is not an option as it doesn't work with the CDU.

Will I need an extra graphics card or something? Any ideas will be appreciated!

Cheers,

Jack :winka:

I think a second graphics card may be the answer, it's something I have never tried. I assume you only have 1 PCIe slot so where would it go?

Joe

Really not sure. Will give W2F a ring and see what they make of it.

It may be that I have to make the EICAS a true dummy... Or put a TV or radar screen there... Hmmmmmmm!

Just USB and yes I believe windowed but I couldn't get it working that well with FSX, I wanted to use it for GPS but the PC was having none of it! I was more on about the possibility of a USB graphics interface.

The suspense is unbearable Jack. I think we should start a 'Lets help Jack get his CDU' charity. If it works we could then start a 'Lets help Needles get a better graphics card, CPU, etc' charity.

What do you think?

I'm all for it :bowdown: :dance: :whis:

The suspense is unbearable Jack. I think we should start a 'Lets help Jack get his CDU' charity. If it works we could then start a 'Lets help Needles get a better graphics card, CPU, etc' charity.

What do you think?

I'm all for it :whis::whis::whis:

Heheh! :bowdown:

I don't think you're the only one for it either! :dance:

There are a million and one charities that we could all do with!

I just hope that I get the CDU relatively soon - Not just for me but for you guys too (this forum has the most fantastic support I've ever seen - You guys drive me on!).

Jack :whis:

I am mainly a GA simmer Jack, and have spoken to 'she who MUST be obeyed' about your project. I have been given permission for take off with a very cut-down version of your project. So I am in the process of gathering information on building a cessna type pit. It may, however take rather longer than yours which is a little daunting. My problem is, I have too many hobbies to spread my meagre wealth. :bowdown:

I am mainly a GA simmer Jack, and have spoken to 'she who MUST be obeyed' about your project. I have been given permission for take off with a very cut-down version of your project. So I am in the process of gathering information on building a cessna type pit. It may, however take rather longer than yours which is a little daunting. My problem is, I have too many hobbies to spread my meagre wealth. :bowdown:

Hey Brian that is great news!

I wish you the best of luck building your Cessna pit! Are you just going to be buying Modules and using them, or are you planning on mounting the Modules in some sort of home-built panel?

'she who MUST be obeyed'

:dance: :whis::whis:

I am mainly a GA simmer Jack, and have spoken to 'she who MUST be obeyed' about your project. I have been given permission for take off with a very cut-down version of your project. So I am in the process of gathering information on building a cessna type pit. It may, however take rather longer than yours which is a little daunting. My problem is, I have too many hobbies to spread my meagre wealth. :thumbup:

Please share Brain as GA is my love too and I need to persuade SWMBO the as well!

Cheers

I am mainly a GA simmer Jack, and have spoken to 'she who MUST be obeyed' about your project. I have been given permission for take off with a very cut-down version of your project. So I am in the process of gathering information on building a cessna type pit. It may, however take rather longer than yours which is a little daunting. My problem is, I have too many hobbies to spread my meagre wealth. :thumbup:

Please share Brain as GA is my love too and I need to persuade SWMBO the as well!

Cheers

Hi Mut', it may be a while as I've only recently broached my intentions to SWMBO, and she has said that so long as my spending doesn't come out of housekeeping funds then all should be well. BUT! These non-objections have a habit of soon becoming objections when SWMBO gets sidelined for a hobby.

Will keep you posted when I have got enough funds available to start. I do have copious amounts of spare timber to build things with but I'm still undecided wether to go for multi - monitors or projector, a ready built cockpit or diy cockpit, etc etc etc. As you know there are a zillion permutations on building and customising such a project and watching Jacks progress will, no doubt inspire me.

Good luck with your very own SWMBO.

:great:

Friday 26th February

Right guys, to pump a bit of life into this whilst I save for the CDU I'll be holding a small poll.

The topic is literally - What Does Jack put into the Pedestal next (after the CDU)?

One vote per person, if you change your mind then that's okay.

Whatever wins will be installed after the CDU.

With all that into account, vote away!

Vote here: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=4097

Right guys, to pump a bit of life into this whilst I save for the CDU I'll be holding a small poll.

The topic is literally - What Does Jack put into the Pedestal next (after the CDU)?

Now, all you have to do is (cast one vote per person please) choose what you'd want to see implemented next in the Pedestal, after the CDU, from the selection on the first page (under the "Avionics" section).

Your selection must be one of the Avionics highlighted in Red (because Green/Yellow means it has been ordered).

With all that into account, vote away!

Results will be held in this post here below:

Secondary EICAS: I'll have a shot at putting this in, fully functioning too

First Officer's CDU: Dummy Unit

Throttle Unit: Saitek Pro Flight Quadrant

Trim Indicators: Dummy Units

Parking Brake: Dummy Unit

WX Radar Controls: Dummy Unit

Third CDU: Dummy Unit

Captain's Audio Panel: GoFlight's Audio Panel

OBS Audio Panel: Dummy Unit

Passenger Sings Panel: Dummy Unit

Trim Panel: Dummy

Forgive me Jack, but have I suddenly contracted colour blindness as all the text seems to in black. I will cast my vote anyway and hope it wasn't one of the red or green ones. I vote for the Captains Audio Panel.

Apologies for my sarcasm but my wife says I'm quite good at it. :blush: