Boeing 767 Pedestal Project

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8th August 2010

The DECCA (Weather Radar) Panel has been installed. Also, very much like the Audio Panel, the switches have been made ready for connection to the Master Card (which has now been ordered!), and a power cable has been attatched to the backlighting facility.

This means that the backlighting on the Weather Radar Panel works properly. However, unlike the Audio Panel, it does not come on straight away. The adequately named LI (Lights) Switch is being used as a circuit controller. If the power is ON, the one flick of the LI switch brings the beautiful red backlgihting to life!

So yes, the Audio Panel and Weather Radar Panel are two wonderful looking Units, especially in the dark! They will be interfaced to the LDS767 using SIOC and Nico Kaan's Lekseecon program, all done of course when the Master Card arrives.

Photos:

100_0150.jpg

100_0149.jpg

100_0147.jpg

100_0148.png

Now, whilst it is obvious that the Audio Panel will be interfaced to the LDS767 Audio Panel, the weather Radar is a different matter. Why? Because the LDS767 doesn't have a Weather Radar. So, I've decided to develop my own weather Radar system.

The weather radar system logic is based upon LEDs illuminating under certain conditions. Namely, the LEDs for the "OP" and "REF" Lights.

It works like this:

- If the Mode Knob is turned to "REF", then the Panel gives out precipitation reports. If the precipitation, weather it be rain or snow, is heavy, then the "REF" LED illuminates.

- If the Mode Select Knob is turned to "OP", then the panel still gives out precipitation reports, but it ALSO gives out turbulence reports. If the Cloud turbulence is above a certain level, the "OP" LED will also illuminate.

- the "Chain" Knob selects the cloud LEVEL. For example, if it is turned to Chain 1, Precipitation Reports and turbulence reports will only be received for Cloud LAYER 1.

If you are wondering where all these Knobs/Switches?LEDs are, take a look at the DECCA/Weather Radar Panel closeup below:

100_0118.jpg

It has taken me a very long time to come up with my own Radar System, and it takes even longer for me to do the extremely complex SIOC Scripting involved. Please give me yur honest feedback on the Radar system, I would like to know what you think.

thanks for reading everyone!

Jack :smile:

• 4 weeks later...

31st August 2010

I have re-updated the first post to accurately reflect the Pedestal's status. As you can see, there is hardly anything left to go. The throttle unit and rudder/aileron trim units are all that remain.

For the throttle, I'm *considering* modifying two Saitek ProFlight Quadrants, much like Drewsta of the MyCockpit Forums did...

http://www.mycockpit.org/forums/showthr ... #post88758

The Trim Units will probably come from Opencockpits.

Please note, the throttle and trim Units will not be in place for awhile, due to workload & overhead panel workings.

IN OTHER NEWS.....

The DECCA Panel is almost complete. I have quiet a few surprises arriving wih this baby... And they just might benefit you! Stay tuned :dance: .

• 2 weeks later...

Thursday 9th September

NEW FEATURES:

- The DECCA (Weather Radar Panel) has been FULLY wired up and installed. I am performing some final few coding, quality and usability checks before the weater radar is in full swing! :biggrin:

Wiring:

100_0357.jpg

Another picture of the panel, taking with nothing turned on and all switches off (when in operation, everything is functionable):

100_0356.jpg

Jack :???:

The RWP is a great addition Jack and well done for getting it working, I enjoyed the explanation as to its use. :biggrin:

It looks well used but that's what you expect with a 100% authentic product.

Cheers

Joe

Looking FAB. Jack. :biggrin: Will you be holding cockpit lessons for us mortals when it's up and running. :???: :yess:

Interesting that you ask that Mike... :winka:

I have been discussing with Joe a *potential* Stand Display at next year's Duxford/JustFlight FS2011. I will try & bring the Pedestal + Overhead along if possible.

:smile:

PLEASE ADD ME AS A FRIEND ON YOUTUBE!!!

Hi everyone,

As per the red title above, I am requesting (if you wish, of course) that you add me as a friend on YouTube.

Why? Within the next month or so, I am considering doing a few Video Update Blogs, instead of the usual text format. However, I do not want anybody willy-nilly viewing these videos (sorry, to many spammers & idiots on YouTube).

So, if you wish to view these videos, please add me as a friend on YouTube. My Youtube account name is "Homerard", link here: http://www.youtube.com/user/Homerard?feature=mhum

Please note, even if you do send me a friend request, it will have to be accepted by me first, so don't worry if you don't get "befriended" straight away.

for those of you who do not have a YouTube account, please do not worry, as I will still post my update blogs in text formatting alongside the videos. I do, however, reccommend getting an account :cool: .

thanks alot,

Jack :whis:

PS: Message also posted in 767 Overhead Project (IDENTICAL MESSAGES)

• 3 weeks later...

Sunday 10th October 2010

NEW FEATURES:

- FMC/CDU "EXEC" White LED Light NOW FULLY Functional

This light illuminates whenever information needs to be "confirmed" (executed) into the CDU. For example, when route information is activated:

100_1184.jpg

And after the information has been confirmed (executed), pressing of the EXEC button:

100_1185.jpg

Furthermore, please add me as a Friend on YouTube so you can see my upcoming vieo-style blogs; won't be too long now.

Jack :001_th_smiles89:

First Video Blog Released!!!

this blog covers the basics of my cockpit. Size, sections and so forth.

Those of you who became my friend on YT will be able to watch this video. You've either been sent a PM or email allowing you to wathc the video (sorry, thoghut it would be simpler. Idiots over at YT have re-shuffled the friend system again).

Please tell me if you're having problems.

Having problems? Take a look how Brian (Needles) viewed the Blog:

FIRST ENSURE YOU'VE SENT ME A FRIEND APPLICATION TO MY YOUTUBE ACCOUNT, "HOMERARD".

"I recieved an email saying you had posted a blog. I just logged on and went to your blog site and viewed. All pretty straight forward for me"

• 1 month later...

Saturday 20th November

Happy birthday Pedestal Project! :bday:

Yes, it has been exactly a year since I first opened this thread to the community here... And what can I say. It has grown.

I predicted I'd be completely finished around now, and, whilst that is mainly true, there are still a few things left.

Thank you everybody for your support!

Looking forward to another year of hardware goodness!!! :001_th_smiles89:

Jack

Well Done to you both for a great project :thumbup: and keeping us all upto date with whats been going on. :clapping: A Big Thank You guys. :bday: Has it been a year :th_smiles73: well I would not have guessed that. Looking forward to what you have instore for us next year. :thanks:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Wednesday 22nd December 2010

For those of you who have missed the regular updates on the Pedestal... Fear not.

I am happy to announce that at New Year I will be purchasing, along with some other hardware items, the Opencockpits Rudder and Aileron Trim Panel. http://www.opencockpits.com/catalog/rudder-trim-indicator-with-panel-p-277.html?cPath=48

RudTrim.jpg

This is a fully working and fully functional Rudder and Aileron Trim Panel. as you can see from the picture above, it includes the Beoing Trademark "Big Fat" Rudder Knob, and two fully-operation spring-release aileron switches.

The "Creme de la Creme" of the Unit would have to be the Trim Scale. This Servo-Driven scale is fully-synced with flight simulator and will give the exact trim reference of the rudder position.

I hope to install it soon after I receive the item at New Year.

Any questions? Please ask.

Regards,

Jack