Developer customer support

I'd like to put on record my appreciation for some great customer service from the following developers that I've had in the last couple of weeks :)

Hall of Fame: OpusFSX, Alabeo, Night Environment (Chris Bell), Earth Simulations, Airline2Sim. All of these devs have consistently made very speedy replies to questions or issues and/or provided reliable updates/fixes to problems. *applause*

Cheers K

To jump on Kevin's thread, I'd like to mention Scruffy Duck Software (publishers of the freeware Airport Design Editor) and Jon Masterson there. I've never failed to get a prompt, authoritative and personal response to questions and problems from him.

John

an interesting sentence Nigel

i just finished listening to JV podcast

as much id like to get to the volumes ORBX runs

i don’t think id like to be in the seat JV is in right now

its just sound like he lost his sim passion and dwelling in corporate corridors

i love and enjoy what we do with NE;

we all came from "riff raff" this is how NE started

NE initially was created as part of contribution to a community project

i didn’t feel my work is completed with only the 3D light effect

and the journey began searching for the best solution ; still as a contribution!

It was much later that I decided to take the product to a commercial route

the biggest reward for us is hearing our customers feedback

be it good; be it bad, it’s still feedback and we must always pay attention

behind it is a human being; 9 out 10 he has a valid point

be it us not being clear or miss understanding our instructions

our efforts don’t mean squat if our end users can’t enjoy it properly on their sim end

and… we do put allot of efforts and time in every region we release

I hadn't really noticed the common thread running through my list (inc John's addition) as I just wanted to say how their service had been good... But they are mostly all one/two person operations... :)

And it wasn't meant to be an exhaustive list, just who I've had reason to speak to in the past 2 weeks, so like John feel free to post your appreciation if you've had a good developer experience as well :D

I'd like to put on record my appreciation for some great customer service from the following developers that I've had in the last couple of weeks :)

Hall of Fame: OpusFSX, Alabeo, Night Environment (Chris Bell), Earth Simulations, Airline2Sim. All of these devs have consistently made very speedy replies to questions or issues and/or provided reliable updates/fixes to problems. *applause*

Cheers K

Hear! Hear! and Cheers! Nice of you to give credit when it is due Kevin, I'm sure they get tired of the many complaints that are sometimes unfairly sent their way.

I have been lucky with many developers when needing help. I do not bother them unless I read through supplied manuals a few times. I try to be patient waiting for a reply(couple to few days depending on size of company)), write a positive request outlining my problem and letting them know that it might be my system(include spec's and other pertinent info) and not their product that is giving me problems(kissing a little butt never hurts :D ).

Talking trash to folks that work hard to deliver a product that works on mostly everyone's rig and with might include many other addons is quite a feat. Keep all requests for support as short as possible too, they are usually pretty busy, especially with new releases. :twocents:  

Could I add thanks for seamless headache free downloads and products from PC Aviator...as well as tech support that was volunteered for my MSE stuff. I didn't even realize I wasn't seeing my MSE in all it's splendor and Mr PC.A sent me some tweek tips.

The FS Community seems to remember how old fashioned Custumer Service should be.

Cheers.

Good experiences and genuine, non-arrogant, customer-centred support that I've had lately, from :-

Airline2Sim

Majestic 

Aerosoft

OpusFSX

............all great devs and providing great support

In my experience the support from FS2Crew is very good too.

Quick and to the point answers, and seldom a support query is left without an answer.

The only time I've seen a less than nice response was when a stupid b***ard asked why he couldn't get the copy he downloaded from PirateBay to work.. I'd say he had it coming ;)

• Like 1

Personally (and you can't really speak otherwise), I've had no problems with Just Flight/Trains or Flying Stations. When I did the review of the Sea Fury, I was struggling to find source photos of the cockpit in 'navy condition'. Skippy happily gave me a link to which some of the source photos were sourced. The FlightSim Store also has been helpful, referring me to a developer for assistance.

I'm having a problem with FlyTampa and BMTMicro customer service though. After my pc upgrade I wanted to reinstall Flytampas Kai Tak.. So I go to their site and get referred to BMTMicro to re download.

There's nothing in my account that mentions re downloads so I try to submit a support ticket but I cannot find the blimming send button, it tells me to log which I already am logged in.

Must say that their customer support site is NOT very user friendly. :(

Anyone else had this problem?

For me it will help me decide whether or not to return to a developer for another product. There are some devs out there when I have asked questions have more or less said 'that's just how it is so get on with it'. No repeat business from me for them!

I also had a bad experience with FSD after I purchased their Cheyenne aircraft many years ago. An arrogant response to my question regarding the aircraft (I can't remember what it was) resulted in me not bothering them further (with either my words or my wallet).

I've got to give a thumbs up to the guys at MadCatz (uk).

I own a LOT of Saitek stuff and have always received prompt, professional and invaluable support from them when ive had configuration problems which i just couldnt solve on my own.

Thats one bunch of guys that are all passionate about their products

:)

I'm going to add virtuali over at FSDT today and Ross Carlson (author of vPilot/vat-spy and other apps) after a couple of quick weekend support requests. Next day responses with relevant info to help solve the problems, thanks! K

• 4 months later...

Echoing a post I made higher up in this thread, Jon Masterson at Scruffy Duck has done it again.  I loaded a new beta version of Scruffy Duck's very capable freeware airport editor, ADE yesterday and found a change that negatively affected a feature that I use in my airport diagrams.  I sent Jon an e-mail reporting it - not a bug, just a change that had a counter-productive effect on the way I use it.  

Since then I've had four e-mails from Jon, the latest including a zip file with the fix - all this in about 14 hours from sending my initial e-mail, and all on a Friday night/Saturday morning.  That's pretty fantastic support in anyone's book - all the more so for a freeware product.  Hat's off to Jon and Scruffy Duck.

John

Cheers for reporting this John.

I use ADE and it's always nice to hear from Jon when things go awry. He's always quick out of the starting blocks and always happy to help solve any issues you may have.

+1 on what Joe says.