How long are your flights...?

With me it depends on time available before the "Memsahib" finds something that needs my attention, (Usually dinner or a shopping mission!). It also depends on the memory availability on the PC as some aircraft seem to use more memory than others. Some of the airliners and transports i'll often set the autopilot and go off and do something else before returning an hour or so later when I judge that they're near where I want to be. Some Trans Pacific flights lasted for hours(or until the computer crashed! ). However most manually flown flights are rarely more than an hour, often a lot less. Just as an add, Marie and I are celebrating our 20th anniversary this September.  (and there's them that said it'd never last! :D)

Edited by dodgy-alan
  • Like 2
  • Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So...if you are on your favorite flight sim, how long do you generally fly for on individual flights?  I must admit that I tend to fly short ones, like 20 - 30 mins.  I did manage an hour once but las

As far as roleplaying a stewardess and fetching me drinks. I have been married for close to 37 years and been together for forty, I know what her exact facial expression and answer would be to that re

I may have been disparaging about the Mrs earlier in this post but as we will be married for 33 years this year I guess we fit together well enough!  We too have picked up a couple of ......well I can

On 2/24/2017 at 15:02, Tristarcaptain said:

So...if you are on your favorite flight sim, how long do you generally fly for on individual flights?  I must admit that I tend to fly short ones, like 20 - 30 mins.  I did manage an hour once but last night was a biggie!!  I flew from Salt Lake City to Los Angeles in my Just Flight DC-10 (1.6 hrs).  I must admit that I enjoyed it, so may do some more longer ones in the near future.

My wife finds it amusing that I did some reading while the autopilot was on.  I still can't get her to dress in an air stewardess uniform and bring me coffee during the flight though!!  :whis:

Martin

I thought you were going to say she'd dress up as an air hostess and invite you to join the mile high club! :whis:

• Like 1

Congrats Al on 20 years. Kate and I celebrated 30 years a couple of weeks ago. She has been my pilot, co pilot, auto pilot, GPS, navigator, engineer, cabin crew, ATC, dispatch and maintenance throughout. It feels like a short flight though with two passengers picked up en route, our sons Leon & Max. A little turbulence now and then but nothing to stress this old airframe. Having flown a few other types prior to meeting Kate I'm sure I'm flying the right bird for me. :D

• Like 3

I may have been disparaging about the Mrs earlier in this post but as we will be married for 33 years this year I guess we fit together well enough!  We too have picked up a couple of ......well I cant call them passengers as that implies they pay their way, stowaways perhaps, Jamie and Pete along the way. 

• Like 5

I guess that I am a mere 'baby' when it comes to marriage.  We have been married 9 years next month.  It is my first marriage (I got married late) and my wife was a widow.

We met on a Christian  internet dating site and she imported me to the USA.  :thum::D

Martin

• Like 3
13 hours ago, J G said:

I may have been disparaging about the Mrs earlier in this post but as we will be married for 33 years this year I guess we fit together well enough!  We too have picked up a couple of ......well I cant call them passengers as that implies they pay their way, stowaways perhaps, Jamie and Pete along the way. 

We can beat that... we have four stowaways......they are called cats....:P

• Like 1
On ‎3‎/‎2‎/‎2017 at 07:36, hifly said:

Congrats Al on 20 years. Kate and I celebrated 30 years a couple of weeks ago. She has been my pilot, co pilot, auto pilot, GPS, navigator, engineer, cabin crew, ATC, dispatch and maintenance throughout. It feels like a short flight though with two passengers picked up en route, our sons Leon & Max. A little turbulence now and then but nothing to stress this old airframe. Having flown a few other types prior to meeting Kate I'm sure I'm flying the right bird for me. :D

Congratulations Geoff and Kate.  :thum:

• Like 2

Thank you Martin and congrats to your upcoming ninth.  

Perhaps we should have a lonely hearts thread here at Mutley's. :huh: Call it Joe's Solos.

Edited by hifly
Speling erorr
  • Like 2
43 minutes ago, hifly said:

But John, you don't look a day over........ 52.

I'm 70, but the photo in my digital sig is about eight years old, as near as I can remember.  I guess I probably ought to update it one of these days.

52 is more like my IQ.

John

• Like 2
1 hour ago, allardjd said:

I'm 70, but the photo in my digital sig is about eight years old, as near as I can remember.  I guess I probably ought to update it one of these days.

52 is more like my IQ.

John

I can vouch that John looks at least 10 years younger than his age, and Pam 20 years, must be something in that Florida air!

• Like 2
9 minutes ago, Tristarcaptain said:

Talking of birthdays, it my wife's birthday today!!  :D

Please tell her that we all wish she has a very special day. Happy Birthday Mrs. Martin.:hat:

:hb3:

8 hours ago, hifly said:

Thank you Martin and congrats to your upcoming ninth.  

Perhaps we should have a lonely hearts thread here at Mutley's. :huh: Call it Joe's Solos.

Perhaps as well as a calendar for birthdays, we need one for wedding anniversaries.....after all our 'significant others' deserve a mention for putting up with our hobby.......(and for serving us drinks on the flight deck!!)

(Half serious suggestion...I would be up for it ...how about others.....??)

Martin

No need, they will put up with our hobby whether they like it or not.:P

Personally I don't think it would be a good idea, everyone has a birthday but not everyone is married and we like to include all members in the things we do here.:):twocents:

On 3/3/2017 at 19:12, Tristarcaptain said:

Well....I am 56, but don't have much hair....just like a baby!!  Guess that makes me look 55 years younger!!!  :P

Talking of birthdays, it my wife's birthday today!!  :D

What's hair?  :D