Sept Theme = My Favourite Aircraft!

Gunnar - what's wrong? No pictures I'm afraid

But on another note, thanks for posting. It reminded me that I hadn't entered yet!

Here's my first entry - Royal Biman VC-10 banking into Hong Kong on an early morning flight..

-2011-sep-12-004.jpg

Next shot is of a Lancaster. But no ordinary Lancaster. This one was designed to carry the heaviest bomb in the RAF's bomb dumps - the 22,000lb Grand Slam, created by Barnes Wallis of Damabuster fame. As it happens, this is from a 617 Lanc!

-2011-sep-12-005.jpg

And finally, I seem to have a bit of a RIAT theme going on at the moment (still fresh from the show in July!), so here's a Greek F-4 doing a 'spirited' display along runway 27. I just love the tail art and what you can do with this aircraft - it just shoots off!

-2011-sep-20-006.jpg

Thanks!

Well, I don't really have a favourite aircraft, so I'll just post a few that I like (or fly often).

1. The Cessna 152. Easy to fly, prefect for low and slow.

mutleys1.jpg

2. The T-45. Great flight dynamics, a pleasure to fly. Also great for carrier operations.

mutleys2.jpg

3. The Zivko Edge 540. Who can't have fun flying it? (this one is slightly cropped)

mutleys3.jpg

Good luck to all!

P.S. I'm not sure if the last image is too big, so I'll just post it for now and resize later if needed (could someone verify that the size is okay?).

nearly missed out on this one....can't have that now can we!!

so, here's my entries.

#1 - the fabulous English Electric Lightning - who can fail to love this aircraft?!

Untitled0-15-59-0-1.jpg

#2 - Auster Alpine J5R, pictured here is G-APAA

02d7fa6c.jpg

#3 - and last, but certainly by no means least, the most beautiful aircraft to grace the heavens - the Spitfire, in this shot a PR Mk.XIX

60cdc5a2-1.png

Thanks everyone for taking part.

This was as tricky to judge as it expect it was to enter, every shot is a winner in my eyes. Unfortunately I had to omit a double entry by one entrant which was a shame as they were as good as all others but rules are rules.

So after mulling it over I decided to put all entries into a random number generator to make it totally un-biased by what is my favourite aircraft. I hope everyone sees the sense in that.

Without further ado I would like to offer my congratulations to the winner who is (Drum roll) Pacinka with what is probably the best choice of the Cessna C-152 the classic trainer, where we all start. Well done for a superb shot and choice of aircraft. :clapping:

sept2011Pacinka.jpg

Well done John and keep an eye out for a PM from me.

Cheers,

Joe