• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

"Right we'll just get this one bedded in and then I want to put a row of English Electric Lightnings in the bed over there against the wall. They will look lovely when they bloom in the spring"

"I don't care if it IS you Harry, Get up for your Grandmother!"

Thanks Eddie, ok have a go with this one..

Posted Images

Officer K9 is quite impressed by the "remorseless rationality"* and "rigorous application of minimalism"* applied to the success of the 2CV...but still wants the intruder off of the ramp.

*Attributed to noted automotive author L.J.K. Setright...one of Officer K9's favorite writers on automotive subjects.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Captain Coffee said:

Officer K9 is quite impressed by the "remorseless rationality"* and "rigorous application of minimalism"* applied to the success of the 2CV...but still wants the intruder off of the ramp.

*Attributed to noted automotive author L.J.K. Setright...one of Officer K9's favorite writers on automotive subjects.

I remember LJK very well. He used to write for "Car" magazine back in the 1980s. A very respected motoring journalist.

• Like 1
On 5/21/2016 at 22:30, Captain Coffee said:

And the winner this time is Matt. Anyone who remembers LJK is fine by me!  Nicely done fella, over to you.

I knew I should have attributed the 2CV Wikipedia article as the source of the attribution to LJK. :P

This image just came into the Maui evening news:

boatcrash.jpg

Please investigate:

Edit:

It occurs to me from some of the responses that I may have overestimated the Prow-ess of eyesight of the average Caption Thread participant.

Please put on an extra pair of reading glasses Old friends, or two or three...they stack quite well to Bow'lster up the magnification, and have another look at the "Point" of the ship... and the image.

:D

Captain to crew

I told you to shout out  starboard. 

Why captain it say's in the rules  power should give way to sail.

Maybe if you had looked up at the sails and not at that aircraft  you would have seen that our sails are down..  :stars::stars::stars:

You're Fired :to_clue::to_clue::to_clue:

• Like 1

Having missed her cruise ship departing from Hawaii, Mavis resorted to desperate measures to regain her voyage. She just hope the Wal-Mart parachute did what it said it would!

• Like 2
8 hours ago, Gunner said:

"Lady's and Gentleman's, we are getting lower and as we pas the cruise ship, we will see, that it has a bumper sticker at the back. It says - I Brake For No One!"

That's a winner right there ladies and gentlemen. Take it away gunner. You nailed it, every freighter has that bumper sticker on it when it comes to sailboats.

The DISH contract was quite specific:

ALL leased equipment must be returned to the nearest DISH store for troubleshooting if there is any issue with the service provided...as troubleshooting/service is not provided above 7,000 foot elevation.

...a provision that might have given the residents of Machu Picchu cause to shop around a bit more for Satellite TV service had they been able to read the mostly English Lawereeze contract...but who reads those anyhow?