• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

"Right we'll just get this one bedded in and then I want to put a row of English Electric Lightnings in the bed over there against the wall. They will look lovely when they bloom in the spring"

"I don't care if it IS you Harry, Get up for your Grandmother!"

Thanks Eddie, ok have a go with this one..

Posted Images

We have a winner:

On ‎01‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 01:55, Captain Coffee said:

Guess what sound the radome makes when it pops back out... ...

Yep...

BOEING!!!

Take it away Mr Coffee!

• Thanks 1
7 hours ago, brett said:

Jokes aside, how in the heck did that happen.

Ramp-rats who cut class during "Aircraft CG 101"?

A shipment of anvils, loaded first?

Some aircraft require a "tail prop" during certain cargo/fuel/maintenance operations.

Someone who knows a thing or three about airliners told me one of the popular ones (can't remember which, but an early jet liner, maybe 707 or DC-8), couldn't be safely taxied without a certain amount of fuel in the center tank, for just this reason.

John

Found this on Airliners.Net:

SYDNEY, Australia -- A Korean Air cargo plane has tipped on its tail while being unloaded at Sydney airport, trapping 10 crew members on board. 

The incident happened shortly after the aircraft, a MD 11, flying from Seoul had landed and stopped at the airport's freight terminal on Wednesday. 

A 'cherry-picker' crane was needed to rescue the crew from the front of the plane, who were stranded for an hour while the aircraft's nose still pointed skywards. 

Emergency services rushed to the scene and normal airport operations were unaffected, officials said. No one was hurt in the incident. 

Baggage handlers with Qantas Airways were responsible for unloading the plane, airport officials said. 

"They were offloading cargo and obviously something has happened whereby the balance has shifted and basically seen the tail end up on the ground," Sydney Airports Corporation spokesman Bill Kemmery told Reuters news agency. 

No details were immediately available concerning the extent of the damage. 

• Like 2

Funny scene alan...but the physics are sooooo f'n wrong in that clip. 12 people moving back should have been plenty CG balance adjustment for him to make it to the stack of gold and begin chucking it forward, solving the entire balance problem. Then, oddly, once the bus inexplicably tipped after the adjustment, the stack moving back even slightly at 0:50 should have made the whole thing immediately slide off the cliff. OMG, then at 1:54, despite the gold sliding back even further, the bus tips back UP...omfg...movie people. :(

Note that you don't want to watch sci fi, or movies relying on fictional tech, with me in the room if you hope to escape into the plot.

Edited by Captain Coffee
  • Haha 2
On 11/10/2017 at 22:39, allardjd said:

No! I said put nitrogen in the nose gear tires, not helium.

(Coff is going to hate the physics on that one.)

Hahahaha...and we have a winner!

The lower comment sealed the deal John.

Take it away.

Thanks to all for the laughs and wanted to mention Very Honorable Mentions to Holdit's

The first officer thought it would be a great prank to call "V1...rotate" as soon as the captain got in his seat.

:thum:

and also to Brett's :

The young Korean crew were known for their hijinks but the Slip-n-Slide was the final straw 

:hat:

Edited by Captain Coffee