• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

"Right we'll just get this one bedded in and then I want to put a row of English Electric Lightnings in the bed over there against the wall. They will look lovely when they bloom in the spring"

"I don't care if it IS you Harry, Get up for your Grandmother!"

Thanks Eddie, ok have a go with this one..

Posted Images

Well, Yes, of Course we read the manual, we are not idiots.  So we have tried:

-Tab A to fully the Slot B.

-Vertical Folding evenly till the Click safety.

-Not ground tipping for constructing stable.

So now what?

Ok, umm hummm.

Got it...one second please.

Guys, try "gripping the edge handle torque right left"

Not a caption entry...

I guess you guys know that's not really an F4. Look at the non-droopy horizontal stabilizers, the nose gear offset from the centerline, single tire on the nose strut and the fuselage bulge aft of the wing. The orientation of the main wheels to the strut doesn't look right either - offset inboard too much. I'm not sure what it is, but a Phantom it ain't...

John

Not a caption entry...

I guess you guys know that's not really an F4. Look at the non-droopy horizontal stabilizers, the nose gear offset from the centerline, single tire on the nose strut and the fuselage bulge aft of the wing. The orientation of the main wheels to the strut doesn't look right either - offset inboard too much. I'm not sure what it is, but a Phantom it ain't...

John

Found it, i think:

Shenyang J-8 II Finback...or one of Many variations.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shenyang_J-8

• Like 1

Guys,

Apologies, I seemed to have let this go a little longer than intended.

To those of you who recognised the aircraft was not a McDonnell Douglas F-4 'Phantom II', well done, you win a Kewpie doll.  It is indeed, a Shenyang J-8, and congratulations to Matt for correctly indentifying it, you win the pink, stuffed elephant.  You can claim your prizes by contacting the guy on the phone in the picture.

Now, some fantastic captions and a number along the lines I would have sumitted, but remember I have a very black satirical sense of humour.

In the end, it was close, but for sheer simplicity and exactly what I would have been thinking if I was that pilot, it goes to Brett with, "Pilot: If I leave this frikin country today, it will be one day to late.".

Thanks everyone and over to you Brett.

Cheers

Andrew

Ah Lord Sewell, please tell us again why you were forced to resign and why you think you'd be welcome at the Whitehouse?.....I don't care if Bill Clinton DID do something similar!

Lord Sewell, this time I will let you off with a warning.  - If you tell anyone of my involvement, I will make sure you go down for a long time! 

• Like 1

A plague of darn termites in the courthouse and this little critter has the temerity to walk right under my nose. I sentence you to termination by gavel. Take that! 

• 2 weeks later...

I guess this one has gone on long enough, I am going with what I thought was a pretty clever line;

Justice isn't blind, it is Myopic

Over to you Matt. :clapping:

Thanks for the chuckles all. :D

• Like 1